[Hackmons] A World Of Sheer Cold, And Only One Stands Above

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD
In A World Of Sheer Cold, Only One Sticks Out!
135.gif
381.gif
483.gif
242.gif
424.gif
150.gif

Early this one Sunday morning, I was browsing battles to see if I knew anybody on Pokemon Showdown , only because of my stalker instinct. So, I came across two kids doing a Hackmons battle. I was so curious I decided to ask them, and they both told me that your Pokemon can have any Ability, and any Move with 252 EV's in everything. This made my day, finally I could learn more about theorymon, and actually use the little theorymon knowledge I have. So because I don't start new tiers without asking someone to help me get started, I decided to ask on the main chat. Well the first person to respond was Snowflakes He told me to try using Wonder Guard, and to make some Pokemon untouchable. Later he came up with the idea of my star Jolteon with Wonder Guard, this became the only permanent member of my team from the very base.

Now that you have heard this teams origins, time to learn more about the title. Today while battling, many people have been giving me praises for being probably the only person to not use Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Scarf, with No Guard, and Sheer Cold. This made me very happy to know that my creativity wasn't being bashed for once in a lifetime. This inspiration led to me keep building on this team, going from a team of two Pokemon to a team of six in the matter of thirty minutes. Now the thing that makes this so unique in Hackmons is the fact that you can win with just a single sweeper on your team.

Now that you have heard all the teams stuff, time to see the teambuilding process. This team took a long time (progressing and building over like six hours) and I'm very proud to know every member that had been on the team, and what they were used for.
135.gif
If you read the Introduction you know all about how this guy is the star of my team. The Only original member. I chose Jolteon over Electrode because of stat superiority. I'd rather go second then have terrible health, and defenses. Jolteon also has only one weakness, Ground/Rock types, which was easy to counter.

135.gif
229.gif
Form a few tests in UU I knew that if Houndoom could get a +6 quickly, he could be a terrible sweeper, while looking up abilities, I found out that Simple doubles any stat boosts and drops. This made him a great sweeper after Jolteon was dead, and I had a ball with him.

135.gif
229.gif
386_s.gif
Well, you are all thinking, "You little liar, you said that this team had no Deoxys-Speed" Well, the current version doesn't. It actually used it at one point. After being swept hard core by a Deoxys-S with Mold Breaker, I needed something to fire back and do the same thing. So I decided to fight fire with fire. This made my team that much more annoying to any opponents it might face. It helped a little bit, but the team wasn't done there.

135.gif
229.gif
386_s.gif
379.gif
The bulk Registeel has is amazing. So I added him in to wall, and even get KO's. I put Shadow Tag on him, and Perish song, which made him a great attacker, and got rid of things like Wonder Guard Spiritomb, and Sableye. He wasn't easily KO'd back when I put him in either. This guy made my day so much better.

135.gif
229.gif
386_s.gif
379.gif
409.gif
I needed Mold Breaker bad at this point. So I used Rampardos thinking that "What the hay, he already learns it wynaut?" After testing a lot with him, it became apparent that Mold Breaker was a defining force of this meta. Now this is where the team gets shaken up a lot. This was the point I was at 2-8, and barely reaching the 100 mark on the ladder. So I decided to take my team, and make it twice as good. This was the original version, and it did horrible.

*Note that two other versions of this team were cut from this because of l wouldn't want to read that much either
135.gif
229.gif
386_s.gif
379.gif
381.gif
I needed my Mold Breaker to do a lot more offensively, not just keep Wonder Guard from working. This is why I chose one of the best Pokemon I've ever used in the game Latios. Since no item is banned in Hackmons, I used Soul Dew, and this made him an excellent revenge killer, sweeper, and Mold Breaker. I was very happy with my team at this point, it had caught up to it's record at 8-8.

135.gif
229.gif
386_s.gif
379.gif
381.gif
424.gif
Again, I look back at my UU experiences and think, about Ambipom. Because of the lack of fighting types he became great for easy KO's, and made this team tick a little bit better. Not only that, with maxed out speed only Deoxys-S could out-speed him. This became a pretty great core between him Latios, and Jolteon.

135.gif
483.gif
242.gif
379.gif
381.gif
424.gif
Now realizing certain threats, and that Dialga and Blissey could take care of them, I decided, well out with the old and stupid, and in with the new and creative. I took out Deoxys-S because of my habit to use more creativity and the fact that my speed ties are super unlucky. This made the team go KABOOM, and suddenly it started to work better bringing my record up to 12-12. I saw how Houndoom was to frail, and cost me way to many games, so he got switched with Blissey.

135.gif
483.gif
242.gif
151.gif
381.gif
424.gif
At this time your like "Yay finall step he's adding in Mewtwo, and taking out Registeel, time to be done with all this crazyness" well I hate to disappoint you all, but I'll do it anyways. Registeel started to fail when other Shadow Tag users came into play. This ruined my day so, I quickly had to remove him. I needed a fast good attacker, and I remember [member] One Approved [/member] mentioning how he is an amazing attacker. Now I know nothing about what he was like in UU so I decided to use him. That him is Mew.

135.gif
483.gif
242.gif
150.gif
381.gif
424.gif
And now I shall make you all happy to see this teambuilding procsess come to a close. Mew is a great support, but even with Simple, he can't get the job done, or I don't use him enough. So I decided to upgrade, and anything with a two at the end usually means its better. Same deal goes for Mew, and Mewtwo.

In Depth Analysis
Why Go Into Details That Should Be Apparent?

135.png

Jolteon @ Air Balloon
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt

Why Jolteon
I picked Jolteon over other faster Wonder Guard users for a few reasons. I like the fact that her stats are a lot better than those of Electrodes, and Electivires. She also has a nice look to her, and I dedicated it to [member] Zyflair [/member], and that seems to be ZY's personality. I chose to use this Substitute Leech Seed set as it can shut down Sableye, and Spiritomb which are some pretty big threats. Thunderbolt is a basic STAB move that can take care of my opponents Pokemon unless they aren't affected by it. This makes for a great game when I'm not touchable unless they have Mold Breaker, and such.

What Does Jolteon Do For The Team
It's not what Jolteon does for the team, it's what doesn't Jolteon do for the team. She acts as a great wall, and can do some damage, and absorbs all the hits my other guys cannot. This makes her the ultimate master of this team, if she said jump, Mewtwo would ask how high. She doesn't stop attacking, and can gain back the health needed for substitute, with Leech Seed. In reality she doesn't stop annoying the crap out of you.

How Does The Team Support Jolteon
Jolteon needs little support except for the occasional Wonder Guard user that she can't take care of for what ever reason. This means that Latios and Mold Breaker become essential to keeping her up and annoying. Blissey stops a sweeper from plowing through them both, and keeps some Spore users in check, as well as set up sweepers. Not only this, but Mewtwo backs Jolteon up 100% as he can take hits she can't, and dish out more damage than she can to physical walls which really hinder Jolteon. The team isn't exactly all based around Jolteon, as much as the meta in Hackmons is based around the theory involved in Jolteon.

381.png

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Surf

Why Latios?
Well, I needed a strong Special attacker, that would keep Pokemon such as Sableye, and Spiritomb away from Jolteons party. So, I decided to use a Mold Breaker, and a Pokemon with some massive SpA. With Soul Dew, Latios can KO anything before it gets KO'd unless it gets critted or injured by a faster attacker. This makes him an amazing Pokemon for the team, and can sweep through teams that Jolteon has weakened.

What Does Latios Do For The Team?
I needed a Mold Breaker pretty badly, with all the Wonder Guards running around, and this ment I needed something to attack those pesky little bugs, Sableye, and Spiritomb, so I decided to use Latios. As neither of them resist Latios's Dragon Pulse, and Latios's Soul Dew helps it a lot. This keeps a lot of threats such as Giratina out of the way.

What Does The Team Do For Latios
Jolteon protects Latios from things like Tyranitar, and such. These two could form a good team all on their own, but It wouldn't be nearly as good as it is right now. Not only that, Blissey shuts down those sweepers, which is really helpful.

483.png

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Trait: Wonder Guard
Lax Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Metal Claw

Why Dialga?
Well, my choice came down to Dialga or Palkia as my second dragon. And I noticed how toxic abuse was running wild like the 'Common Cold' in Hackmons, so I had to use something to resist that. And what better resistence than immunity? So Dialga was the clear choice over Palkia, and this became my fall back for if Jolteon got KO'd or something. This was probably the second best choice for the team other than adding in Jolteon.

What Does Dialga Do For The Team?
Jolteon absorbs the Dragon, and Fire type attacks aimed at Dialga, and in return, Dialga provides coverage against slower dragons such as Giratina. This makes the team much happier without the spam of Perish Song/Shadow Tag. Dialga also has Adament Orb, which means his Dragon and Steel type moves are amazingly powerful.

What Does The Team Do For Dialga?
The team in this question is really only Jolteon. As mentioned above he absorbs those super effective moves and dishses some heavy punches out. They both support each other. That's just the surface of Dialga's and his teammates. Deeper down in their synergy I noticed how if I can keep both of them alive, I can essentially keep the whole team alive. This makes them both a top priority to keep battle active.

242.png

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Imposter
Lonely Nature
-
-
-
-

Why Blissey?
Well, if you play OU you know Blissey is really hard to KO with limited EV's, and no stat boosts. Try to KO it when it's all maxed out, and has copied your stat boosts, and your moves. Now imagine that with a bit of good luck and hax, and suddenly I'm riding backwards on a horse the world becomes trolled hardcore. This is probably the best Imposter user I've ever seen in my life. It's hard to KO, and KO's you, to teach your sweepers a lesson.

What Does Blissey Do For The Team?
I' m just gonna bulletin quotes from above to prove how essential Blissey is.
Jolteons Team Support Paragraph said:
Blissey stops a sweeper from plowing through them both, and keeps some Spore users in check, as well as set up sweepers.
\
Dialga's Team Support Paragraph said:
Not only that, Blissey shuts down those sweepers, which is really helpful.

Now who does this sound like? A steroid full ready for battle Ditto doesn't it? Well, that just shows that if you didn't understand that you should be testing a lot more with that little pink glob.

What Does The Team Do For Blissey?
The team provides some amazing support for Blissey. Again with Jolteon and Dialga absorbing the super effective moves, and dishing them out, but not only that, they lure out potential sweepers for Blissey's enjoyment. Blissey keeps the team together, as they keep her having a blast against my opponents. When they see a Blissey at +5 with some amazing moves, they love to just rage quit on me.

424.png

Ambipom @ Normal Gem
Trait: Technician
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Dragon Pulse
- Psystrike

Why Ambipom?
Well, Ambipom as mentioned above can do some damage with Fake Out. This makes him a great hit and run attacker. Fake Out, and then U Turn to a guy who absorbs my opponents moves. This is why it's he's hard to KO. I'm currently debating between Technician, and Wonder Guard, but I don't know.

What Does Ambipom Do For The Team
As fore-mentioned, Ambipom serves as a hit and run attacker, which can be extremely useful for cleaning up weakened teams, or weakening certain threats. Ambipom also works as a counter to Sub Disable Gengar that I had been seeing quite a bit of, and another Dragon counter.

What Does The Team Do For Ambipom
The team creates Ambipom's mess to sweep essentially. If the team were able to clean its own messes I wouldn't have had Ambipom, but it can't sadly. This means Ambipom can support the team, while having fun cleaning up after them. Not only that, they both do their fare share of sweeping it up, and making the mess. This is why I added him.

150.png

Mewtwo @ Psychic Gem
Trait: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Recover
- Psystrike
- Thunderbolt

Why Mewtwo?
Well, in Ubers Mewtwo is almost king. He has massive SpA, and can take hits, while dishing out some serious damage. Substitute protects him from Spore users, while he hits them really hard with Psystrike. He also gets rid of those Special walls that I have issues with on this team. Thunderbolt keeps water Pokemon farther away from the battle field. This is another guy that the question is "Why not Mewtwo"

What Does Mewto Do For The Team?
As mentioned above he gets rid of those Physical walls. Blissey is almost impossible to defeat even without imposter, and that is why Mewtwo is around. He lures out Blissey, and KO's it easily. Mewtwo also provides the team with another option of a sweeper, other than Jolteon, and Latios. This makes him a pretty big staple for the team.

What Does The Team Do For Mewtwo
The team supports Mewtwo in every way. When a Physical wall comes up there's a special attacker at his hip. When a dark Pokemon comes alive, there is a counter at his other hip. When something goes wrong, he has usually five others to fall back on. This makes him a pretty great attacker, and the team supports him a lot.

Threat List
After Spending hours and hours on this team I'm glad to say there is very little threats to this team.
Huge Threat
Medium Threat
Small Threat

Spiritomb:
442.gif

Even with all the preparation of this team, it always seems that Spiritomb gets the better of me. I have no idea why.

Deoxys-Speed:
386_s.gif

Choice Scarf + Sheer Cold + No Guard. What can I say, hard to counter.

Giratina:
487.gif

Shadow Tag + Encore + Perish Song, can be super annoying. I can handle it with Latios, and Ambipom if needs be.

Sableye:
302.gif

Stupid little gem who can only be killed with mold breaker :I This guy is really just annoying but can kill my team if he needs to.

Credits
*Your Name Could Be Here*
[member] Ice Arceus [/member]
  • Reviewed The Layout
Explanation On How To Rate This Team

It's really simple, all you have to do is make a Pokemon with any move and ability, and put a full 252 EV spread on it. Just don't go changing types, and such.

Just out of interest, what's the deal with Dragon Pulse on Ambipom? I know Hackmons is a weird and wonderful world but I'm struggling to see its purpose... enlighten me?

Better question, what's the point of Ambipom on this team? Its fast and has decent attack and that's really all it has going for it; when you've got ubers available to you I can't help but think there are better choices for Fake Out+U-Turn...Deoxys-S or Deoxys-A come to mind. Since I don't actually play hackmons I don't know too much else but that Jolteon looks like me that's its in the same place as Ambipom, probably outclassed by some uber or other.

Creativity isn't good for a team when you choose to run Ambipom over Deoxys-S or Deoxys-A, which are both much better choices for a scout. It just doesn't make much sense to run Ambipom and get praised for bad creativity.

Ambipom actually works a lot better than Deoxys since I've added Mold Breaker, it beats Deoxy's pretty easily,

Heres the thing, what uber has is electric typing only? Has to stats of Jolteon? With only one weakness? From what I could see none. And + Theres not much to outclass a virtually invincible attacker, I mean you could try using Spiritomb, or Sableye, but they are easily KO'd by other better attackers.

What about a Sash/Gastro Acid/Wonder Guard Spiritomb? It deals effectively with mold breakers, and you can use recover to sponge their hits.
Just a disclaimer, I know almost nothing about Hackmons.

I guess that would work over Ambipom but I would have to test.

I also have some good news, I finished laddering with this team, and it reached 42 today. I'm really happy about this :)

I'm surprised Prankster Smeargle isn't being abused nor No Guard Sheer Cold Machamp herp de derp.

As everyone else has been saying, Ambipom is outclassed.

I'm not great with Hackamon strategies, but if you want to keep Ambipom the way it is, use Arceus instead. It's got the same typing and better stats all around.

If you like leech seed sets, I might replace Jolteon with Giratina. While not able to abuse Wonder Guard as effectively, it's a significantly better user of a Leech Seed set. I would also replace Taunt with Spore.

Most people are hyper offensive in hackmons lol, so Smeargle is no, but in Balanced Hackmons I guess he's pretty great. And Deoxys S is much faster than Machamp herp derp

Jolteon is the only effective abuser on my team of Wonder Guard. And I will try that Spore over Taunt idea

Martini said:
Most people are hyper offensive in hackmons lol, so Smeargle is no, but in Balanced Hackmons I guess he's pretty great. And Deoxys S is much faster than Machamp herp derp

Jolteon is the only effective abuser on my team of Wonder Guard. And I will try that Spore over Taunt idea

That's why you stick a Choice Scarf on him derp (And speed boosting nature)

"OHKO moves such as Horn Drill and Sheer Cold are not affected" -No Guard

Has this changed for Black & White 2?
Herp

Back