Gym Challenge Promos Revealed: Krookodile-EX, Enhanced Hammer, and More! [5/1]

Well, so Enhanced Hammer is going to stay in the format... hurray!!! *sarcasm* u.u Well, another playable Dark-type EX, I hope it is indeed in Risng Fist.

Enhanced Hammer (along with crushing hammer) can go to hell.

Shiftry could be good. 60 plus hand disruption for one energy? But it also depends on if your opponent has anything to return to their deck, otherwise it's just a vanilla 30.

Krookodile is a lot better than I thought it would be. Both attacks are actually really solid. Megaton Fang + Muscle Band + Laserbank scores the magic 180 (it shouldn't be too hard to pull off in the deck). That said, I think it's the worst of the Dark EXes (which shows how good Darkrai and Yveltal really are).

It's a shame, that fossilized Pokémon won't be more playable, when they didn't change the mechanic to put them into game.
We can await new version of Twist Mountain and some new version of Caitlin, maybe. There's no much chance to put the Pokémon on the bottom of your deck to make sure, you find one in the bottom 7 cards; the Tyrunt even has no ability, which can put it on the bottom of your deck from discard pile, so…
I hope, Tyruntrum won't be playable card…

Krookodile Ex in fact seems to be useable as a tech in Dark Rush decks and Meowstic has the best art among the promo cards.

It's so disappointing that there really isn't a Tier 1 deck that can counter Dark-Types, which pretty much run the game now. I'd really like it if Nintendo could whip out some Grade-A Electric or Fighting cards, because Thundurus and Landorus are really the only big Darkrai and Yveltal killers. Even though Krook-EX doesn't look game-changing, it's still quite good and could probably meld well with most Tier 2-3 decks that run Dark-Types. C'mon, Nintendo, bring us a pseudo-reprint of Luxray G in the form of an EX! It would be great!

Back