Status
Not open for further replies.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Gyarados

19-gyarados.gif
48-sableye.gif
36-regice.gif

NOTE: This thread is for discussing the deck in general. Below is a basic deck list and a basic strategy.

Pokemon (21)

3x Gyarados SF
4x Magikarp SF
4x Sableye SF
1x Uxie Lv.X
2x Uxie LA
1x Azelf LA
1x Mesprit LA
1x Regice LA
2x Crobat G
1x Combee SF
1x Unown Q

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (30)

4x Pokemon Collector
4x Poke Turn
4x Super Scoop Up
4x Broken Time-Space
3x Seeker
3x Junk Arm
2x Pokemon Rescue
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Bebe's Search
2x Expert Belt
1x Volkner's Philosophy
1x Cynthia's Feelings
1x VS Seeker

Energy (6)

4x Rescue Energy
2x Warp Energy

Strategy
Using Sableye to start, use Impersonate on the first turn to get some Magikarp and/or Regice. With Regice and Junk Arm, discard three Magikarp from you hand. Then, setup your Gyarados to do at least 90 damage a turn for no Energy. With cards like Expert Belt and Crobat G/Poke Turn, you can do at least 110 damage a turn. Use Super Scoop and Seeker/Warp Energy to heal Gyarados, and bring him back down again to attack during the same turn with Broken Time-Space. Mesprit can also be used with Super Scoop Up, Seeker, and VS Seeker (in addition to Junk Arm) for a continuous Power lock, allowing you to overwhelm the opponent with taking a Prize lead.

Yes!! This thread was finally made!! Why are their 4 Poketurns when Luxray X isn't in the list? Take out 2 Poketurns for a Volkners and a Warp Energy. Warps are very helpful, especially since you run Uxie X

With Junk Arm and Regice, you'll never need more than one Volkner's. VS Seeker is in too, so if you use it on Volkner's (which is not the best move), you'd get another use of it. For Poke Turn, at least three is important for more Crobat drops.

-1 Crobat
-1 Sableye
-1 Poke Rescue
-1 Cynthia's
-1 Volkners
-4 Turn
+2 Smeargle
+1 Junk Arm
+4 Drawer
+1 Warp Energy
+ Black Belt

With these changes it's "the play" list

a Gdos that won a cities last weekend also ran pokeblower+. He used it and junk arm to send up my benched luxray gl for the KO.

A guy at my league runs speed g-dos
-slow guy sableye
and in a uxie donk type build, then slap in dialga.
Anyone else run something like this?

-1 Crobat
-1 Sableye
-1 Poke Rescue
-1 Cynthia's
-1 Volkners
-4 Turn
+2 Smeargle
+1 Junk Arm
+4 Drawer
+1 Warp Energy
+ Black Belt

With these changes it's "the play" list

Ignoring this "the play" list...

TBH I don't think Uxie X is needed. What I DO think is needed however, is Ditto, for mirror.

-1 Uxie X
+1 Ditto LA

-1 Rescue
+1 Warp

There are a lot of weird things with this list, but I'm sure it works.

Smeargle really is a must for this deck. I currently play 3/1 Smeargle/Sableye, but you can also do 2/2 or 1/3, but you need at least one to use the opponent's Seekers in the mirror, which is more important than Ditto.

I run Garchomp X in my version of Gyarados. I like the idea of being able to lead in with a speed-dos type play style, but while I'm K-oing their pokes, I can build up to Garchomp, then when they finally take down gyarados, suddenly I have a gyarados that swings for 120! (140 with expert belt.)
-Uxie X
-Combee SF
-2 Pokemon Rescue
-2 Pokemon Collector (at least -1)
-2 BTS (to avoid having dead ones in hand)
+2-3 Rare Candy (You can use these on gyarados too if need be)
+1Gible
+1 Gabite
+1 Garchomp
+1 Garchomp X
+1 Pokemon Communicator
I'd even try to find room for an extra bebe's search.

IMO, no Garchomp, since Garchomp tears down the consistency of the deck. Gyarados only needs to do 110 damage, not 140. In case Gyarados has to KO something with more HP, that's where SSU/Seeker/Poke Turn/Crobat comes in.

I've seen most games where my friend only needs two Magikarps in the Discard at any time and he still wins. The deck doesn't always need to do the most damage it can deal.

dmaster out.

what a bad deck. How does it fair against luxchomp and will it make it through the next rotation?

Watch what you post. ~Gliscor

Most of the cards will be rotated out (most likely). The matchup against Lux is hard but winnable.

dmaster out.

What about the next rotation. Does that affect luxchomp at all? I almost want to just pump my money into a lostgar deck. But it seems so boring

dang, why would they rotate out most of the cards for this deck? :(

The rotation really hasn't been announced yet, although if it's RR-on, most of the SP Engine will be gone...

dmaster out.

SP Pokemon are Special Pokemon, first introduced in Platinum. They are basically all Basic Pokemon (excluding the SP Lv.X Pokemon) with a few Trainer cards that only work for Pokemon SP. Currently, SP decks dominate the format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back