• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gyarados / Drifblim

Roger Camara

Aspiring Trainer
It's a fun deck I've been working on, but it certainly needs improving.

##Pokémon - 15

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Drifloon UPR 51
* 2 Drifblim UPR 52
* 4 Magikarp CIN 17
* 4 Gyarados BUS 33

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 2 Dashing Pouch CIN 92
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Switch CES 147
* 4 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 2 Sophocles SLG 65
* 3 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Escape Board UPR 122
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 14

* 6 Water Energy 3
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 4 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

The Idea is to get the bench as full as possible, get Gyarados out and attack with Splash Burn, and then use Drifblim's Damage Transport to move all damage to the opponents active pokemon, which if done well results in a 150-190 damage transfer. Shrine of Punishment has been really usefull in knocking out evolution gx pokemon, although I'm finding it kinda hard to charge up 2 Gyarados in time and setting up the perfect bench.
Rainbow Energy is there in order to take advantage of Drifloon's Creepy Wind (confused) and Drifblim's (wind wheel), specially when encountering Psychic weak opponents but I'm thinking of dropping it and adding basic water.

My bad, I looked right over them XD Guess I was still half way asleep, let me do some digging and see what can do :p

I'm not seeing the use of the dashing pouch. Can't really be used for the Gyarados (or it is a bit of a waste) and for the Drifblim and Magikarp the escape board is more useful. So is it to retreat an oranguru with a double colorless attached to it and not lose it? I think a switch would be better in this case. Maybe add Volcanion Prism Star its mostly useful in water decks.

I'm not seeing the use of the dashing pouch. Can't really be used for the Gyarados (or it is a bit of a waste) and for the Drifblim and Magikarp the escape board is more useful. So is it to retreat an oranguru with a double colorless attached to it and not lose it? I think a switch would be better in this case. Maybe add Volcanion Prism Star its mostly useful in water decks.
he would need way more water energy though if he wanted volcanion, wouldn't he?

I would prioritize getting the Gyarados online more than anything here. Your #1 priority is keeping energy in play if you start taking KOs. Baton is required here as the deck needs 2W1C. Aqua patch is good but it needs setup. I would drop Volcanion here in favor of TV reporter for draw support. Keep Cynthia 3 deep. Move T&L down to 1-2 and up the switch to 2-3 for versatility.

Back