• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Gyarados AT / Gyarados EX

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
I've come up with a sort of different deck, one that was talked about briefly at a prerelease I went to a while back. Here's the list:

Pokémon (19)
  • 4 Gyarados EX
  • 3 Gyarados (AOR 21)
  • 3 Magikarp (DRX 23)
  • 1 Golduck BREAK
  • 1 Golduck (BKP)
  • 1 Psyduck (BKP)
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 2 Seismitoad EX
  • 1 Shaymin EX (RSK)
  • 1 Suicune (BKP)
  • 1 Manaphy EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (22)
  • 4 AZ
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 3 Dive Ball
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 4 Energy Switch
  • 2 Repeat Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 VS Seeker
Energy (19)
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 16 Water Energy
Strategy:

Now for my reasonings behind the card counts: 3 Dive Ball for now because I can't find a 4th in my collection even though I'm sure I have another; 1-1-1 Golduck BREAK line because I only have 1 Golduck BREAK (I would max this line out at 2 anyway); Energy Switch in case I can't get Golduck BREAK out or it's prized; 1 VS Seeker... well this is simply because I have 5 of these in my possession and don't have the money to buy more. I suppose I could get rid of the Suicune, though.

And the strategy:
Get a Gyarados EX out as active, have regular Gyarados on the bench with two Magikarp and Manaphy EX there as well. Use Splash Burn (I liked the Japanese name better ._.) to get damage on the Magikarp, retreat for free next turn into regular Gyarados and use Full Retaliation for 90 - 150 (will be 190 when I add some Muscle Bands that I can't seem to find).

Self-suggested improvements (I put this here only for suggestions on whether these are valid):
- Add a fourth Gyarados AT and Magikarp
- Add Muscle Band
- Remove the Suicune
- Tone down the Energy Switch to 2-3 when/if a second Golduck BREAK is added

Back