Discussion Guardians Rising vs Burning Shadows: Which is the Better Investment?

LionHartRAWR

Aspiring Trainer
So I sell/trade cards in my local scene and I was wondering if I should get another Guardians rising or wait for Burning shadows?

GR has definitely been good to me since everyone wants Tapu Lele and even the GX version fetched me around 40-$50 (A month ago.) So I'm just wondering if I should wait for BS or buy another GR? Based on TrollandToad Tapu Lele seens to be dropping in value (Any reason why?) and in BS Tapu Bulu, Darkrai, Marshadow seem really good. So I guess I'm kind of stuck on what to get.

Any ideas on what I should get? Any opinions will help, thanks in advanced.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Depends on how quickly you can get rid of Burning Shadows, typically the first week or two of a new set are when it's value as at its highest, until it nears rotation and is loing out of Print.

Reshiram's Mayhem

Aspiring Trainer
So I sell/trade cards in my local scene and I was wondering if I should get another Guardians rising or wait for Burning shadows?

GR has definitely been good to me since everyone wants Tapu Lele and even the GX version fetched me around 40-$50 (A month ago.) So I'm just wondering if I should wait for BS or buy another GR? Based on TrollandToad Tapu Lele seens to be dropping in value (Any reason why?) and in BS Tapu Bulu, Darkrai, Marshadow seem really good. So I guess I'm kind of stuck on what to get.

Any ideas on what I should get? Any opinions will help, thanks in advanced.
I mean really the only profitable cards in GUR are Sylveon GX and Lele. Of course all of the hypers in the set are around 20 USD+. In Burning Shadows, you have Darkrai, who's normal right now is going for about 20 and the same with Gardevoir. So that is 2 cards right there that are profitable even in the normal state. Then you also have Charizard (Normal isnt worth anything, sold one on Ebay a few days ago for 13, but is now going for 7 on T&T) who's FA and Hyper are EXTREMELY valuable. Hyper is 70 USD on T&T AND eBay and the full art in Japanese is 30 USD+ (Couldn't find an English on every site I checked).

You also have much better secret rares and full art trainers such as escape rope, choice band, and Guzma (Guzma goes for around 40).
So tl;dr
GUR Profit cards:
Sylveon GX FA/HR
Tapu Lele GX HalfArt/FA/HR (1/2 boxes virtually)
DCE SR (Lol good luck pulling it)
Aqua Patch SR (Only 17)
Decidueye HR
Every other HR is 10-20
Only 2 normal/FA GX's are profitable in this set

BS Profit Cards:
Guzma FA
Charizard GX FA/HR
Darkrai any type
Gardevoir any type
Choice band SR
Escape rope SR
Right now, any Hyper

Statistically, go for BS. If you want to risk getting the 1/2 cases DCE SR, go with GUR.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
the prices for burning shadows are still inflated so keep that in mind. Tapu lele is a great chase card but theres allot of other good ultra rares in guardians rising that have been used in major decks it also has rares like garbodor that are good as well. Burning shadows has a few good ultra rares so which might be really good but for the most part everything else in the set is sub par. in conclusion it would probably be better to do GRI but if people would prefer the new stuff which sometimes is the case then do burning shadows