TCG Fakes Growlitheguy's Fake Cards

Growlitheguy

Aspiring Trainer
Blue's Arcanine HP:120 (R)
Stage 1 Evolves from Blue's Growlithe
hgss_blue.gif
059.gif

Ability: Flame Body
If this pokémon is attacked by a [R] pokémon, heal the amount of HP instead of taking damage.

[R] [R] Flame twirl 50 x
This attack does 50 x the amount of [R] pokémon in your discard pile.

weakness [W] x 2
resistance[G] -20
retreat [C] [C]
[/

Last edited:

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Hey, welcome to PokéBeach! It's always nice to see new faces here in the Fan Fakes section.
So, more on-topic:
  • First, off: is that a Basic or a Stage 1 (or a Stage 2, but doesn't apply to Arcanine)? This is an important factor in balancing your card, as Stage 1s and 2s and harder to get out than Basics. Thus, a Stage 1 or 2 should technically be stronger than a Basic (looking at you, OP EXs) and a good way to balance a card is (sadly) by making it a Stage 2.
  • Type hate isn't a good way to nerf a type. Even if you were not trying to nerf Fire types, it would just suck for anyone with a Fire deck to auto-lose to Blue's Arcanine, wouldn't it? I like the concept of the Ability though. How about something like Flash Fire, if it's attacked by [R] its attacks do more damage next turn? Just so it's still Arcanine-related.
  • Don't want to be rough or anything, but the attack is incredibly OP. 2 Battle Compressors, and you're hitting for 300 for [R][R] without any kind of drawback. Maybe shuffling the Pokémon after would help a bit, but I recommend you reduce it to, say, 30 for each. Attacks based on Discard Pile are tricky to balance, because the player at any given moment might or might not have what they need in there. Just look at Night March, it hits for 30xNight Marchers and it does pretty well, even if your main attacker has 110HP and is an EX. If you're new to fakes, I suggest you start with something else.
  • I would go into formatting, but everyone has their own way. Just don't forget to capitalize Weakness, Resistance and the like.
Hope this helps you in the future! :D

And sorry if I sounded too serious xD

Growlitheguy

Aspiring Trainer
Trevenant HP:110 (P)
Stage 1 evolves from Phantump
709.gif

Ability: Re-root
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard as many (P) energy as you like from this Pokémon. If you do heal 10 HP for each (P) energy discarded in this way.

(P)(P)(C) Forest's Curse 50+
This attack does 10 more damage for each of your benched Pokémon.

Weakness: (D)x2
Resistance: (F)-20
Retreat: 3

[/spoiler]

Attachments

• 709.gif
    709.gif
    187.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 709.gif
    709.gif
    187.5 KB · Views: 0