Groundbreaking Leak Reveals Unused Gen 1 Pokemon Designs, Including Gorochu!

I'm a little confused as I was reading on the Helix site linked many people say it was a rom hack in the comments. And the Helix admin even comments on it.

I'm a little confused as I was reading on the Helix site linked many people say it was a rom hack in the comments. And the Helix admin even comments on it.

From what I can tell from those comments, the content itself is legitimate, but the Helix site showed them in a stream of a ROM hack (along with some fan content to make it go more smoothly or whatever), and poorly disclosed that fact.

The reason why Red originally carried a whip is that there was an original idea within Pokemon that Trainers whipped their Pokemon to discipline them. This idea was dumped after Gen 1 though once everyone realised the backlash there was. It's not surprising really.

From what I can tell from those comments, the content itself is legitimate, but the Helix site showed them in a stream of a ROM hack (along with some fan content to make it go more smoothly or whatever), and poorly disclosed that fact.
Going by the assumption that even an inkling of this is legitimate:

The back sprites, tilesets, and trainer sprites are legitimate. Front sprites and names are fabricated unless they were revealed in interviews, and any relations to other Pokemon are interpretations based on index numbers, cries, and incomplete movesets.

It certainly didn't help that for most of the stream Pokethon was all like "no guys this is not fake in the slightest" while mods banned people in the chat who said "Yeah, this is a ROM hack".

Boy, this is an absolute treasure trove of information. It really shines a light on the infancy of this series, how Capsule Monsters may have worked, and gives us an inside look at the process of coming up with the monsters in the game.

Also, really helps solidify these as truth, with a handful of Pokemon from the 1997 Spaceworld demo existing in this very early build of Red and Blue.

The problem with Capsule Monsters is it was already used in another game.

Just so you know all of these are fake. If it were real then Mew would not be in the prototype ROM

Back