• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Groudon Drifblim Hammers! Best deck never!

Alaska

formerly princemeat skarmheart
I'm mostly posting this to see how I can help myself against Tornadus EX. I know I'm mostly screwed against it, but there's a chance there's something that'll help me against it.
Pokémon:
x3 Groudon EX
x2 Terrakion NV
x3 Drifloon
x3 Drifblim
x1 Sableye

T/$/$:
x4 N
x3 Professor Juniper
x3 Eviolite
x4 Enhanced Hammer
x3 Crushing Hammer
x4 Pokemon Catcher
x2 Random Receiver
x2 Super Rod
x2 Tool Scrapper
x3 Pluspower
x3 Potion
x3 Ultra Ball
x3 Switch

NRG:
x9 Fighting

Strategy:
I build up Groudon and tank with it, while using hammers to get energy off of Mewtwo, Tornadus, and anything lookin' shady. If the opportunity presents itself I can revenge kill things with Terrakion and use Drifblim as something to kill Sigilyph and Mewtwo with.
As I said, I really need help for the Tornadus match-up.

Satisfied customers:
"This deck is amazing."
- TheLostZone

Why drifblim? I don't think the idea will work with drifblim. There is always flipping tails, groudon EX isn't that good this format, and terrakion by itself isn't too good.
One more thing, there is no energy acceleration.

593462 said:
Why drifblim? I don't think the idea will work with drifblim. There is always flipping tails, groudon EX isn't that good this format, and terrakion by itself isn't too good.
One more thing, there is no energy acceleration.
Drifblim is the best part of the deck, trust me. Also, it said why I play Drifblim, you might get that if you read it. I know Groudon isn't THAT good this format, but it's good nonetheless. I manage to do well with it, and I'd rather play it than Terrakion EX. Also, Terrakion isn't by itself, I have no idea where you're getting that idea, it's in a deck with 3 other Pokemon.
Not every deck needs energy acceleration. Not every deck this format that functions well needs it.

ashtavakra said:
what happens when u run out of hammers and you roll tails on all the crushing?
Then there are still Special Energy in their discard because I used the hammers, so I can still do damage with Drifblim.

You might consider swapping Drifblim for Mewtwo and Energy Switch. You save space while reducing dependancy on hammers. The extra gives room for Supporters, which you currently only have seven (with two Random Recievers). Also, most of your Pokemon are easily searched out via Heavy Ball. It would probably be worth it to include Heavy Ball in your list.

If drifblim is absolutely wonderful, pair it with skyla in Boundaries Crosssed and sabeleye.
It would make a good troll deck.
Try darkrai and or mewtwo as an attacker.

593462 said:
If drifblim is absolutely wonderful, pair it with skyla in Boundaries Crosssed and sabeleye.
It would make a good troll deck.
Try darkrai and or mewtwo as an attacker.
No thank you sir.
Skyla is a trash card, but I've been considering adding Sableye. I also plan on adding Mewtwo, so don't you worry, I just don't have the physical cards yet and having to proxy Mewtwo would bother me.

Mora said:
You might consider swapping Drifblim for Mewtwo and Energy Switch. You save space while reducing dependancy on hammers. The extra gives room for Supporters, which you currently only have seven (with two Random Recievers). Also, most of your Pokemon are easily searched out via Heavy Ball. It would probably be worth it to include Heavy Ball in your list.

As I said above, I will add Mewtwo eventually. But for the supporter thing, I like my supporter count. There are literally no other Supporters I would play in place of anything, and I don't like playing 4 Juniper. 3 makes it more likely for me to hit an N off of RR.
I was playing Heavy Ball previously, I think I will add it back in. Any idea what I would take out to add them?

593462 said:
SKyla is awesome. It let you fetch hammers and useful things like catcher. Add it in.
I'm not playing Skyla. It's against my religion. Like, that card is a waste of a supporter, and the full art is just a flashy excuse for something good that pervert anime fan boys are going to gawk over. I ain't playin' it, sorry man.

I wouldn't say Skyla is TERRIBLE necessarily. It is more useful in decks that require a setup since it lets you search out candies or balls. But I suppose that's irrelevant here. I guess if seven Supporters works for you, then fine. I tried 4 Juniper, 4 N, and 4 Random Reciever, but I didn't like that too much. If you're really worried about discarding important stuff (which you shouldn't be if you're running Sableye), I think I would still add 1 Juniper and 1 Random Reciever so that if you do get stuck with a Juniprr in your hand, you at least have an out for an N.

Just so you know, junk hunt takes a dark energy to use.
Also you could use more draw support. I would recommend dropping the three PP for three bianca, due to your high ultra ball count, or cheren.

-3 PP

+3 bianca/cheren

Also either add a few dark/prisms if you want to use sableye otherwise drop it for another juniper/bianca/cheren.

And with all of the hammers, tornadus is not really a problem, both the normal and EX are two shot by a groudon.

I'm aware of that.
You should change your {F} energy to {D} energy.
After taking out your {F} pokemon and putting in sabeleye and mewtwo EX.

That would butcher the whole idea of this deck guys. If I'm gonna play Mewtwo/Sableye/Drifblim, I'll build that deck. Groudon is staying in.

flyinghippos123 said:
Just so you know, junk hunt takes a dark energy to use.
Also you could use more draw support. I would recommend dropping the three PP for three bianca, due to your high ultra ball count, or cheren.

-3 PP

+3 bianca/cheren

Also either add a few dark/prisms if you want to use sableye otherwise drop it for another juniper/bianca/cheren.

And with all of the hammers, tornadus is not really a problem, both the normal and EX are two shot by a groudon.

I've been considering dropping PP, but I'm not adding Cheren or Bianca. Cheren only works for me in Stage 2, I already tried it in this and it bombed.

Random Numbers said:
Groudon makes it 200000000 times slower. Don't run it.
I'd rather run terras.
Terrakion EX seems amazing on paper but it doesn't work for me at all. I dunno man, I really like Groudon.

Back