Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble from 'Pokemon Sword' and 'Shield!'

I just want a nod to 21 Savage and his British roots (tea and crumpets anyone?) in this one.

In all seriousness, if the background music in the direct is anything to go by, I'm expecting a really good soundtrack. I like the art so far as well. Gut feeling also tells me the water starter will be pretty badass once he's all evolved, but we'll see. I've got high hopes for this gen!

For the first time since emerald I'm evaluating the possibility to buy a pokemon game. I'm always been more a tcg guy, but these games seems cool enough.

Starters seems nice. The monkey could be grass + fighting/rock, the rabbit surely fire + fairy (super OP), the lizard probably water +poison.

For the legendaries it would probably be the same pokemon for both the games, with two different forms

Definitely team Scorbunny! I won't be mad if he will end as a fire/fighting, but it would be awesome if it ends as fire/steel or fire/electric.

Can't wait to play both of versions, really hoping for two different legendaries.

The problem with that many pokemon is that if there armor pokemon there armor bad pokemon. Unova had a lot of trubbish pokemon but I would say that Kanto had it's own share of grime...r an example would be Mime...r as well as other Kanto pokemon are disliked. Take a look a Kalos. Sure not many new pokemon but very few are bad. (Btw there's no SHAYMIN puns :)

Agree. Well, not about Kanto but I know this is for a part because of nostalgia. But imagine they somehow could do it this time. Make a generation with some 150 Pokemon with at least 100 of them looking really good. One can hope ; )

Just something that occurred to me while I was looking at the map of the region. Since the region looks like a sword, could there be a second region that looks like a shield? I mean, the games are called Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield and they showed off this region for both games so perhaps there are two regions in these games. Sounds like wishful thinking but you could reason that Pokemon Sword is named because of the shape of the region so unless Pokemon Shield was also named for the shape of a different region, it would seem a bit minuscule in comparison.

Also, looking at the map, it appears that the Pokemon League has two paths leading to it which is very interesting.

As for my starter Pokemon, based on the base form alone, definitely Scorbunny. The others just haven't grown on me as much, but I'm the sort of guy who likes Pokemon based on their final form so who knows yet (I just hope that Scorbunny doesn't evolve into a fighting type).

Wow how creative. 3 starter Pokémon one each of grass water and fire. Why not change things up. Also I never understood these new regions. How in the 23 years could any of these new region Pokémon have been “discovered”? This island does not live isolated from the world. Presumably someone went here on vacation or work and someone saw these Pokémon. These new regioms always have previous generation Pokémon living there so we know that it’s not 100% regional. Couldn’t these non native species live in a zoo in the earlier regions?

Also autocorrect, the next time I want to type polemon will be the first time, and when that day comes I will certainly let you know. Wtf is a polemon, and why would you think I want to type that vs a word I’ve used thousands of times?

The starters looks awesome, especially Sobble. I’m not impressed with the region itself, very narrow if you ask me—I hope it wouldn’t be similar to Unova. I see five gyms, but can’t find the rest, oh well.

I’m hoping Sobble will evolves into a Komodo dragon. Who’s with me?!

I’m hoping Sobble will evolves into a Komodo dragon. Who’s with me?!

We already have a kommo-o dragon ;-) so no, I'd like to see a basilisk or gecko, even if it possible be a chameleon… but not only chameleons knows camouflage/color changing (well, it probably won't be an octopus in its final form…)

I'm looking forward to new details, but I do have to wonder. Why another monkey starter Pokemon? There are so many others they could have chosen, and they chose to do one they've already done. I think maybe a bear or a squirrel would have been fun, there were a lot of choices. Oh well.
Despite having a tail, it is the "chimp" pokemon, It may lose the tail, like how Chimchar, whose name is based on Chimp and Char, turned into a monkey, so it may become a chimp, which is not a monkey ‍♀️

Another monkey, another rabbit, another tadpole?
I like the monkey though, but the rabbit is not unique enough, looks so similar to the previous 2. And while it makes sense to have a rabbit again in a European region, why a monkey?
If 1 would be disappointed and 10 very excited, I think I'm around 4. Nothing unexpected, nothing too special, but 1 starter I like. I just hope it does not turn into a fighting monster like Chespin. Actually, right now I have no idea about secondary typings of the final stages, I think I would like to have them remain pure.
Not a monkey, it's a chimp, and it may lose the tail, kinda like how Chimchar, which is based on a monkey, grew a tail, despite the name being derived from Chimp, and Grookey more than likely will be based on a conductor, music conductor, it beat the stick on a rock (keeping rhythm), it's name may be based on Groove, and it's French name is Oustempo, tempo, so, makes sense to be based on a conductor, and the rabbit starter is original, we've never had anything close to resembling a rabbit as a starter, and it may be a chimp because of Jane Goodall, you should know who she is if you've ever gone to school, if not, she is a conservationist who wanted to protect chimps

I must say I am fairly disappointed with this trailer.
Besides the starters, we don't get to see any new Pokemon from the region. We don't even get to see the legendaries.
Also, I'm not too impressed with the starters. It just looks like they took certain aspects from the designs of previous starters and mashed them together to make these. For example, Sobble looks like Froakie's hands and legs, and overall pose of the Pokemon, and his head seems like Squirtle. I also get a Piplup vibe from him but I'm not sure what about him screams Piplup yet.
Finally, the starting hometown, which I assume was what that was in the trailer, looks very similar to where you start in the Kalos Region in Pokemon X and Y.
Anyway, the game play looks cool, the graphics just feel so classically Pokemon, and I'm excited at the large possibility of the return of the Gym systems.

One final thing, if the Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash evolution line isn't in Pokemon Sword and Shield, then that'll be a disappointment.

-Chris

Besides the starters, we don't get to see any new Pokemon from the region. We don't even get to see the legendaries.
Also, I'm not too impressed with the starters. It just looks like they took certain aspects from the designs of previous starters and mashed them together to make these. For example, Sobble looks like Froakie's hands and legs, and overall pose of the Pokemon, and his head seems like Squirtle. I also get a Piplup vibe from him but I'm not sure what about him screams Piplup yet.
Finally, the starting hometown, which I assume was what that was in the trailer, looks very similar to where you start in the Kalos Region in Pokemon X and Y.
Anyway, the game play looks cool, the graphics just feel so classically Pokemon, and I'm excited at the large possibility of the return of the Gym systems.

One final thing, if the Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash evolution line isn't in Pokemon Sword and Shield, then that'll be a disappointment.

-Chris

I'm honestly not sure why you were expecting the moon (pun intended) out of a small, 7 minute trailer for.

The trailer did what it needed to do; showcase brief tidbits of the region as an appetizer. Show the starters to get fans interested, and the playable characters as well.

-Chris

You're disappointed because you set your expectations unrealistically, I'm amazed we got as much as we did out of 7 minutes (which was known).

If I remember correctly from the past, they like to slow roll their reveals. I mean they got 8-9 months to do it

Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang, Grookey Gang,

Back