• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Greninja Ninetales

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
This deck has been an absolute blast to play with.

1 Tapu Lele-GX (GRI 60)
2 Zorua (SLG 52)
3 Frogadier (FLI 23)
2 Zoroark-GX (SLG 53)
3 Greninja-GX (FLI 24)
2 Alolan Ninetales (BUS 28)
3 Froakie (FLI 22)
2 Alolan Vulpix (GRI 21)

4 Double Colorless Energy (SLG 69)
8 Water Energy (SM 166)

4 Cynthia (UPR 119)
2 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
2 Timer Ball (SM 134)
1 Lure Ball
1 Apricorn Maker
2 Super Scoop Up (BUS 124)
3 Ultra Ball (SLG 68)
2 Brooklet Hill (GRI 120)
1 Copycat
2 Tate and Liza
3 Guzma (BUS 115)
4 Aqua Patch (GRI 119)
3 Choice Band (GRI 121)

Last edited:

ShojeStar

Aspiring Trainer
A good deck albeit you don't really have enough supporters for this imo. A Sycamore or two would be good for discarding energies which makes that 4 aqua patch all the more valuable.

I also suggest to nix Acerola for super scoop up since Acerola costed me more matches than it won me.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Wow I didn't even realize the only draw supporters I had were Cynthia and N. Could take out a Brooklett Hill for a Sophocles since I need to be thinking in terms of post rotation at this point. Deck space is so tight right now lol. Will take out the Acerola's for 2 Scoop Ups. Other cards I want to fit are Order Pad and a Pokemon Fan Club.

Shikageru

Aspiring Trainer
This deck has been an absolute blast to play with.

1 Tapu Lele-GX (GRI 60)
2 Zorua (SLG 52)
3 Frogadier (FLI 23)
2 Zoroark-GX (SLG 53)
3 Greninja-GX (FLI 24)
2 Alolan Ninetales (BUS 28)
3 Froakie (FLI 22)
2 Alolan Vulpix (GRI 21)

4 Double Colorless Energy (SLG 69)
8 Water Energy (SM 166)

4 Cynthia (UPR 119)
2 Rare Candy (SM 129)
2 Timer Ball (SM 134)
2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells (BUS 113)
2 Acerola (BUS 112)
3 Ultra Ball (SLG 68)
3 Brooklet Hill (GRI 120)
2 N (FCO 105)
3 Guzma (BUS 115)
4 Aqua Patch (GRI 119)
3 Choice Band (GRI 121)

Just curious. Why the Bodybuilding dumbbells and Rare candy? I feel like the rare candy is unnecessary as you want to spread damage with the Frogadier too, and the Ninetales is either going to tank a GX out of hitting, or it'll die in a single hit to a metal non GX, which is fine as you run Rescue Stretcher instead of those two cards, methinks. Also, I don't see the reason for the reliance on Zoroark here. You have no Mallow. We're losing Puzzle. You're better off attacking with Greninja and swapping into a GX immune A.Ninetales, aren't you? The only resource you have to trade is water energies and I suppose after setup is complete, that opens your options on trades up, but then you're set up and who cares about trading then? Just trying to make the most out of the Zoroark engine in my mind I guess.

Still, cool deck idea. I've yet to see anyone running this or even close to it, which surprises me. :)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
If you're thinking in the mindset of Post-Rotation, then you can't use N. You could replace it with Tate & Liza, Sophocles, Bill's Maintenance, TV Reporter, or (my personal recommendation) Copycat.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I am going to tweak this for rotation. Probably going to ditch the Acerola's for Scoop Up's and the Rare Candies for Rescue Stretcher's.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Just made some tweaks so tell me what you think.

To answer the question about how the deck came about, it is quite simple. I was looking for something fun to build for the time being and I have most of these cards IRL (only ones I am missing are the Scoop Ups and Greninja's). Not too mention that I tend to have a knack for playing decks that aren't consistent but are amazing when they work.

I also implemented what I like to call the "Ball Engine" that I have found myself liking in all of the evolution decks and is easily workable for other decks too. It consists of 3-4 Ultra Ball, 2 Timer Ball and a Lure Ball plus 1 Apricorn Maker to search everything out.

Last edited: