• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Greninja GX/Glaceon GX

arulz

THE SEEKER
Hi everyone! This is my first post on Pokebeach’s deck garage, but I’m fairly knowledgeable about the TCG from BW on. My friends and I don’t have official tournaments, but there’s a pretty good group of us and we like to play expanded because we can use our “old” cards from the BW era onward. Greninja is one of my favourite Pokemon, so the goal of this thread is to find the BEST way to play Greninja GX in the expanded format. I’ve already tried it with Ninetales GX, but found it too slow to setup. So here is what some would call: Greninja GX Beta 2.0

Deck list:

Pokemon 20
4-3 glaceon GX
3-3-3 Greninja GX
1 Tapu Lele GX
1 oranguru
1 sudowoodo

Trainers 31
4 ultra ball
1 dive ball
4 float stone
1 computer search
3 choice band
3 vs seeker
2 aqua patch
1 rescue stretcher
1 energy lotto
4 Cynthia
2 N
1 Guzma
1 acerola
1 Sycamore

Energy 11
4 DCE
7 water energy

Strategy: slow your opponent down with glaceon GX by preventing them from using EX/GX setup Pokemon like Tapu Lele GX, Zoroark GX, and Shaymin EX. This gives you time to start setting up Greninja GX on your bench, taking KO’s on unevolved big Pokemon, and setting up knockouts on bigger Pokemon. Glaceon’s polar spear attack synergies nicely with Greninja, as it also helps deal snipe damage to the bench. When Greninja is powered up you have the option to shuffle a damaged Greninja using his regular attack, and promote an active Glaceon to continue the stall. Acerola is also useful in keeping Pokemon alive. Both GX attacks are useful in different situations: Glaceon to take down a big HP threat, while Greninja can take out a weakened GX/EX on the bench, or even score a OHKO on Shaymin.

Card choices:

Things I would like to include:
1 volcaneon prism star
1 second lele
More draw supporters for early game consistency
More aqua patch and ways to discard water energy

Open to all suggestions to make expanded Greninja GX the best he can be!

Last edited:
Back