• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Greninja BREAK 2016-2017

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
I haven't played any kind of Pokemon cards in years and just recently got a deck built and was wondering how it looks and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. As far as strategy I guess go pretty basic get out Greninja Breaks and start wrecking! I play Giovanni's Scheme/Pokemon Catcher to bring out a Garbador in OHKO it, off a heads of a coin.

Pokemon-

3 Greninja BREAK
4 Greninja
4 Frogadier
4 Froakie
4 Talonflame

T/T/S/S-

4 Professor Sycamore
4 Dive Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers Mail
3 N
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Bursting Balloon
2 Giovanni's Scheme
2 Rough Sea
2 Max Potion
1 Fisheran
1 Super Rod

Energies-

8 Water Energy
1 Splash

Last edited:

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
Anyone please? I really would appreciate some feedback on if this looks good or needs improvement.

jcantu8

Aspiring Trainer
- 1 Froakie
- 2 Max Potion
- 3 Pokemon Catcher
+ 2 Level Ball
+ 1 Ace Trainer
+ 1 Wally
+ 1 Super Rod
+ 1 Bursting Balloon

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
-3 trainer's mail
-2 max potion
+2 level ball
+1 N
+1 super rod
+1 bursting balloon

I'm always on the fence on 3 vs 4 froakie. I like the Giovanni's scheme a lot, as it makes the ohko on megas possible.
If you think you might face the mirror, you really want a Pokémon ranger for shadow stitching lock.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
as Item lock is no longer very viable some rare candys will really help speed up the deck and allow for faster greninja breaks. also wally helps set up as well. my list runs both and so long as i dont run into bad luck i can get usually a greninja break up my second turn and often another the next.