Discussion Greens Vs Jirachi Reshizard Builds

Mr.Pond

Aspiring Trainer
Hey yall. I was wondering about a new Reshiram and Charizard deck. I played Jirachi Reshizard before but I feel like Greens Exploration is the better counter meta pick and I think it will do better against the good decks in the meta. I would like some different opinions on the matter. I think Jirachi is more consistent but its somewhat hard to search out. The use of healing in these decks changes everything moving into the 2020 season. I think Reshizard is much better with healing (Mixed Herbs & Great Potion) and both engines can get them somewhat efficiently. If we could share our opinions about the builds, that would help me a lot to decide which one I should play.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I find Reshizard not very consistent in general, unfortunately, which I don't understand (as in theory it should be VERY consistent) - it just doesn't set up for me. I like the concept but when I try to play it, it never works out. I definitely think whichever you find more consistent is the way you should go - consistency wins tournaments. Reshizard by itself is good enough to carry a lot of games, just as long as its core pieces get out (in particular, the early energy attachment).

As far as my opinion: Jirachi lost Kiawe which is the main reason a lot of people are changing to Green's now. That combined with the lack of Tapu Lele hurts that first turn setup a lot and encourages Green's. If you don't have Welder but do have Green's, then first turn Greens, grab a Welder and a Fiery Flint, then turn 2 Welder to get your 4 energy attached.

Bill's Analysis can pair with Green's in those decks also to make up for the lack of Jirachi and still often get you the healing cards that you need. You could also add an Order Pad or two if you don't mind coin flips to increase the odds of finding them.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Reshizard with the Green's build is super consistent and amazing....on paper. It's biggest problem is Reset Stamp/Hand disruption. From testing the green's build with healing options is amazing and makes Reshizard an insanely annoying card to deal with. But again, that Reset stamp when they are down to 3 prizes just ruins it a large portion of the time.

The ability Reshizard with Jirachi has been hit or miss. Some games it sets up perfectly by drawing everything you need to win games. Other times it flops real hard due to lack of consistency. Ability Reshizard NEEDS Welder more than ever and can't play other cards like Power Plant or many healing options. It also faces the problem of finding another Reshizard to attack with ASAP. Some decks we played had Mewthree as the back up attacker but it is weak to Giratina.

There are pros and cons to both but I believe the ability Reshizard may be the way to go. Not getting beat by a card(Reset Stamp) that every deck will have might make it the better choice for the upcoming format.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Reshizard is just bad post rotation IMO.

The deck that Tord Reklev used at worlds was unbelievably consistant, and strong. Reshizard isn't going anywhere, and it appears the Jirachi. Personally, I think Tord demonstrated why the Jirachi build is superior.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
The deck that Tord Reklev used at worlds was unbelievably consistant, and strong. Reshizard isn't going anywhere, and it appears the Jirachi. Personally, I think Tord demonstrated why the Jirachi build is superior.
But 18 energy just wasn't enough...

In all seriousness, yeah, Tord really set a gold standard for ReshiZard with how he played at Worlds. As well as that, Kaya Lichtleitner in the Seniors division won with ReshiZard/Jirachi. From what we've seen, the Jirachi builds absolutely seem to be better than Green's Exploration. That's not to say that ReshiZard is bad with that structure -- it's still a really strong deck -- but Jirachi is just a better engine to utilise.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I also play ReshiZard, but my variant neither plays Jirachi (IMO, I can use the slots for other cards) nor Green's. Like other other Fire decks, running 4 Volcanion in hopes of starting with 1 can yield an advantage if going second and you get 4-6 R in play T1. The Green's variant afford you a greater probability of achieving this objective more consistently that the Jirachi variant, IMO.