• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Great Beasts of the Sky (M Rayquaza EX / Lugia EX / Noivern BREAK)

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
EDIT 1: I was able to get another normal M Rayquaza EX, so the 'proxy' version has been removed. I also gave it a playtest and it worked quite well against a Sceptile EX deck my opponent was playing.

I've been away for a while, but I've made up a new deck which took me a little while to build.

This deck was made with cards I had on hand - I'm welcome to suggestions and opinions, but I might not have any spares suggested to hand. It's also my first deck which is EX heavy.

Pokémon:
  • 1 Lugia EX (AO 68)
  • 4 Rayquaza EX (2 X RS 75, 1 X RS104, 1 X XY69)
  • 1 Shaymin EX (RS 106)
  • 3 M Rayquaza EX (1 X RS 76, 2 X RS 105)
  • 1 Hoopa EX (XY 71)
  • 1 Noivern BREAK (BT 113)
  • 2 Noivern (FF 77)
  • 3 Noibat ( 2 X BT 131, 1 X FF 87)
  • 3 Gastly (BT 58)
  • 2 Haunter (BT59)
  • 1 Gengar (BT 60)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Energy Recycler
  • 3 Sky Field
  • 4 Rayquaza Spirit Link
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Pokémon Center Lady
  • 2 Winona
  • 2 Giovanni's Scheme
Energy:
  • 8 Psychic Energy
  • 6 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

(This is probably the first deck I've made with a minimal amount of Energy Cards - I normally aim for 20)

The deck's main focus is overpowering the opponent - using Hoopa EX to access EX Pokémon, or using Mega Rayquaza/Sky Field to destroy the opponent's Active Pokémon. Failing that, the combination of Noivern and Gengar will allow a quick wipe of the opponent's Pokémon pending they don't heal or counter Gengar. Failing that again, powering up Lugia EX with DCE to make Aero Ball ultra destructive.

What do you think? Any suggestions? I did consider at an early point using Ancient Trait Bunnelby and Unown with Farewell Letter to recycle/draw cards.

Last edited:
Back