Collecting Grading 1st edition shadowless pokemon cards PSA or Beckett.

adam martens

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone I was just hoping there were some people out there who could tell me which is the better grading option between PSA and Beckett for 1st edition shadowless pokemon cards. Im going for mint 9's and at the moment I have almost all the cards in the set. All of which are randomly divided up by Beckett 9, PSA 9 and ungraded cards I believe to be 9's. I was wanting to get everything graded by the same company so everything looks the same. So which is the prefered grading company for old pokemon cards? Furthermore is it true that Beckett grades harsher then PSA does? Ive heard a lot of back and forth on the topic but from my own experience inspecting my cards they seem extremely similar. I would appreciate any responses on this matter thanks!!!

PSA is a lot better because becket grades harsher and some times roughs the cards in the mail by accident

Beckett's inconsistent with grades under a 9. So I prefer PSA because they're more consistent generally. Plus there's a much bigger collector base for PSA

Back