• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gourgiest/Rotoms

guyinthecorner

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping for some opinions on this list

4 rotom fli 40
2 fan rotom upr 110
2 mow rotom upr 14
2 frost rotom upr 41
4 pumpkaboo cin 44
4 gourgeist cin 45
1 tapu lele gx gri 60

3 choice band
4 fighting fury belt
3 poison barb
4 escape board
4 professor sycamore
4 cynthia
3 field blower
4 guzma
2 float stone
4 ultra ball
1 mysterious teasure
1 special charge

4 double colorless energy

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Holy ravioli, I forgot Gourgiest existed! That’s what we pair with Rotom....
Oh.

Anywho, I think the following changes would be good:
-1 Pumpkaboo
-1 Gourgiest
-1 Field Blower
-1 Poison Barb
-1 Guzma
-2 Rotom

+3 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Energy Loto
+1 Choice Band
+2 Wash Rotom

- Pumpkaboo and Gourgiest: as this deck shares primary attackers, I think that 3 isn’t necessary. Rescue Stretcher comes into play, also.
- Field Blower: I think 3 is overkill, but that’s just me.
- Poison Barb: really just not necessary.
- Guzma: again, 4 is overkill. Also, if you really are in trouble, Wash Rotom is a thing.
- Rotom: 4? I see no reason. Please convince me why if you strongly want to keep all four.

+ Rescue Stretcher: If both of a certain Rotom get KO’d you have no recovery. This also helps the removal of Gourgiest.
+ Energy Loto: In a whirlwind of tools, you will probably have trouble finding DCE.
+ Choice Band: I think that extra damage would go over better than a Poison Barb would.
+ Wash Rotom: I think that this Pokémon has its niche to fill, and with the removal of a Guzma, this Pokémon deserves a spot.

I have to agree on not putting Heat Rotom in here.

That’s what I think. See ya!

guyinthecorner

Aspiring Trainer
Holy ravioli, I forgot Gourgiest existed! That’s what we pair with Rotom....
Oh.

Anywho, I think the following changes would be good:
-1 Pumpkaboo
-1 Gourgiest
-1 Field Blower
-1 Poison Barb
-1 Guzma
-2 Rotom

+3 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Energy Loto
+1 Choice Band
+2 Wash Rotom

- Pumpkaboo and Gourgiest: as this deck shares primary attackers, I think that 3 isn’t necessary. Rescue Stretcher comes into play, also.
- Field Blower: I think 3 is overkill, but that’s just me.
- Poison Barb: really just not necessary.
- Guzma: again, 4 is overkill. Also, if you really are in trouble, Wash Rotom is a thing.
- Rotom: 4? I see no reason. Please convince me why if you strongly want to keep all four.

+ Rescue Stretcher: If both of a certain Rotom get KO’d you have no recovery. This also helps the removal of Gourgiest.
+ Energy Loto: In a whirlwind of tools, you will probably have trouble finding DCE.
+ Choice Band: I think that extra damage would go over better than a Poison Barb would.
+ Wash Rotom: I think that this Pokémon has its niche to fill, and with the removal of a Guzma, this Pokémon deserves a spot.

I have to agree on not putting Heat Rotom in here.

That’s what I think. See ya!
Thanks for the advice! I spent ages considering heat Rotom and wash room but thought Guzman would be better