• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gourgeist / Slurpuff

Rakkis157

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16

• 4 Swirlix XY
    4 Slurpuff PHF
    3 Pumpkaboo XY
    3 Gourgeist PHF
    2 Dedenne FUF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34

• 3 Cheren
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre's Trump Card
    2 Professor Juniper
    1 Caitlin
    1 Lysandre
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    1 Teammates
    1 Xerosic

4 VS Seeker
    3 Evosoda
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Robo Substitute
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Escape Rope
    1 Scoop Up Cyclone
    1 Silver Bangle
    1 Switch
    1 Ultra Ball

3 Dimension Valley
Energy: 10

• 6 Psychic Energy
    3 Grass Energy
    1 Rainbow Energy

Strategy:

This decks strategy is pretty straightforward. Get out as many Slurpuffs as possible, set up Gourgeist with ideally a Grass and Psychic Energy and potentially hit for the OHKO with the draw power Slurpuff provides. Dedenne helps get out the basics and can make short work of an Yveltal-Ex with Silver Bangle.

This deck does not run many of the traditional Draw Supporters because those will become useless once Gourgeist is up and running, with the exception of being a quick card boost after getting N'd down to 1-2 cards in your hand. With the large hand sizes I get, Caitlin becomes a very powerful draw support, literally replacing your hand with your deck. It also has 2 Lysandre's Trump Cards because the Slurpuff draw engine can get the deck down to the single digits pretty quickly and having my only copy prized has cost me the game plenty of times. Teammates is there for the double search, since this deck tends to sacrifice Pokemon quite a few times, and Xerosic is to counter Garbodor even under a Toad lock.

Scoop Up Cyclone is played because it can add cards into the hand as well as deny the opponent prizes. This deck has 4 VS Seekers because it runs plenty of single supporters which I might want to use several times, as well as to pick up Lysandre's Trump Card from the discard. Robo Substitutes help in stalling, and serve as a means to trigger Teammates.

Dimension Valley makes each Gourgeist a little more expendable, since it only needs 2 energy to attack. Rainbow Energy lets Slurpuff attack in clutch situations, and can let Gourgeist take advantage of the opponent's Fairy Gardens and Shadow Circles, the last letting it survive a hit from the opponent's Dark Pokemon.

-1 Fan Club (I think with your Dedenne, as well as amount of 1-of supporters, draw engines and the like, you really don't need this.)
-1 Energy Retrieval (You should be able to draw into energy, or Trump energy back in)
-1 Dedenne (Honestly, you should only need 1 - two makes your deck more clunky)
-1 Evosoda (I personally think Repeat Balling is a better idea)
-2 Robo Sub (I don't feel you need this and have the bench space for it. I think you optimally wanted 2/3 Gourgiest and 3/4 Slurpuff out most of the game)
-1 VS Seeker (I personally feel you've got just too many of these. Yeah, you've got a few one-ofs, but really only a particularly high VS Seeker count should be played if you are running Trump Card, and finding you are discarding it a lot. I don't see much discarding.)

+1 Caitlin (I can really see the benefits of this card in your deck! Optimately, you could go for another Bangle/Cheren/Juniper [probably Juniper] if you find you are drawing Caitlin turn 1/2 when you really need the set up instead.)
+3 Repeat Ball (This card is a bit more versatile compared to Evosoda)
+2 Float Stone (For the Slurpuff. When you faint, just promote Slurpuff, draw an extra card, and then retreat. A nice combo.)
+1 Silver Bangle (Consistency is the key.)

Back