Gothitelle Counters

Awesomeguy76

Aspiring Trainer
My area is full of Gothitelle decks, and I'm trying to counter them. Would a 1-1 Ninetales line and a few Devolution Sprays counter Gothitelle? You could use Ninetale''s Bright Look ability to 'catcher' up Dusknoir or Musharna. Or are there other strategies to counter Gothitelle?

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
RE: Ninetales to counter Gothitelle

I'm going to go ahead and assume that these are Gothitelle/Accelgor/Dusknoir/Mew EX decks we're talking about here.
Well, using Bright Look on something won't do you much good if you can't KO it in the same turn. Devo Sprays are a waste of space unless your deck is completely focused around devolving Pokemon. Your best bet is using Rush In and retreating to your attacker. However, you need to be careful about when you choose to play down Keldeo, because the Gothitelle player can simply Catcher the Keldeo and lock it Active. For that reason, you may want to play a pair of Keldeos. This leaves you completely free to attack. Another option is Audino from Boundaries Crossed. Because its Ability allows you to remove one Special Condition and heal 10 damage from your Active Pokemon. If you remove the Paralysis, you are free to retreat and then attack. Other than those, there aren't any viable counters that I can think of.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

I've been testing Audino, and while it isn't the most helpful, it's at least something. Getting rid of Paralysis is huge, even for one turn, so you can hopefully KO that pesky Gothitelle. Timing is everything, however. Time is of the essence when battling against this deck, because once they get up the Gothitelle and you haven't set up, it really is tough to do anything at all. Do everything you can to get rid of those Gothitas pronto, so you can at least have access to Switch and Catcher if the Deck and Cover and are forced to go into a Mew-EX or something.

EDIT: I'm testing double Keldeo-EX, and it's not bad. Make sure you run four Blend, so that when you Shift Gear the Energy to a Keldeo, it's an OHKO against the Gothitelle. And pray that one isn't Prized.

colline650

casual card player i guess?

i think rush in rush in (duel keldeo) is a much better choice. I saw that with darkrai lasers today and it did very well three cards, vul, nine, and devo spray, is just too much stuff to put into the a deck instead of two keldeos which you can attach to or float stone them

ahg3117

Aspiring Trainer

Typically when i use Gothitelle I put float stones on anything that can be catchered (musharna, dusknoir, etc) so that wouldn't help too much IMO. Plus, unless you have the devo spray in your hand at the same time you evolve into ninetales it would be useless since its an item and gothitelle would come right back out. Double Keldeo and Audino are your best bets.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

Float Stones won't help too much. Once they've finished your Gothitelles, they're Scrapping everything. And they will use every Trainer they haven't been able to use for the x number of turns they've been locked down haha. The sense of liberation. Wonderful.

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor

I'm running a pair of Keldeos in Darkai Lasers, and it's been working out for me so far.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

Done.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Keldeo does indeed have a Weakness to Accelgor. You better be ready to take 'em on or KO those Gothitelle quick so you can Max Potion...

Mr.Ferrari

Torterra.
what about Braviary in darkrai? switch out the active goth no problem early game and go from there?
116-braviary.jpg

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
How do you plan on Retreating to him? You can Switch...no wait. Gothitelle. You can Retreat...nope. You're Paralyzed. Unfortunately, you have to get this card Active to do anything at all.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
I think Snorlax is a pretty good counter to this deck. Most Gothitelle/Accelgor decks only run 1 or 2 Catchers and they run 0 Switch, so if you can get a Snorlax out you can trap a Gothitelle active with Block, and then start to power Snorlax up to wipeout the Gothitelle. What do you guys think of this?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Unfortunately, they still have access to their Trainers, so they can still use Catcher and Switch to get themselves out of the Active slot. /:

Daniel Sams

Aspiring Trainer
may be an Eveelutions deck with http://pokebeach.com/scans/dark-explorers/48-espeon.jpg can do a good fight to Gothitelle/Accelgor

TokyoToots

7 year old weeaboo
espeon DEX and garbodor DRX are the best gotthitelle/accelgor/mew/musharna/dusknoir counters I've found

Daniel Sams

Aspiring Trainer
TokyoToots said:
espeon DEX and garbodor DRX are the best gotthitelle/accelgor/mew/musharna/dusknoir counters I've found
garbodor dont works, gothilock play with toolscraper, and the tool cards are items, so you cant play it xD.

DeckMaster

MasterOfMaking
These are all the counters I will name best first worst last
Double Keldeo
Quad Snorlax (or if you have only 1 Snorlax in play)
Audino
Espeon