JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new Goodra and the rest of its evolution line have been revealed from Japan’s upcoming Fusion Arts set, which releases there on September 24th.
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Goodra – Dragon – HP160
Stage 2 – Evolves from Sligoo
Ability: Slimy Room
As long as this Pokemon is in the Active Spot, whenever your opponent attaches an Energy card from their hand to 1 of their Pokemon, they must first flip a coin. If tails, that energy is discarded without being attached.
[W][P] Buster Tail: 120 damage.
Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat: 3

Sliggoo – Dragon – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Goomy
[C] Melt: 20 damage.
[W][P] Body Slam: 50 damage. Flip a coin. If...

Continue reading...

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
ToineLay has added this little note on their Twitter:

I'm pretty confident the wording means the Energy was discarded but not attached, so your opponent still keeps their attachment for turn and can try attaching another Energy if they have one.

That would make the card both more interesting and worse. =(

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
This is evil. I love it. I do hope it means that it does use the attachment for turn. The 'without attaching' would lead me to think that it just doesn't proc any attach effects. For example, 2 tails welder could invalidate the draw effect, since none are attached. Or tails underworld door.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Finally! a card that at least TRIES to slow down Energy Acceleration! Too bad it targets an Energy source with some form of punishment already (the hand) rather than ones that are considered "safe" locations like the deck and/or discard pile.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
ToineLay has added this little note on their Twitter:

That would make the card both more interesting and worse. =(
Consider this card half better and half worse in that case, because this card doesn’t say “once during your opponent’s turn,” meaning even if your opponent tries again, there is a 50% that THAT Energy will get discarded as well. And so on. The fact that the effect doesn’t stop your opponent from attaching another Energy may make this card less forceful, but in exchange it may allow you to mill through multiple Energy at a time.
Somebody toss that damn Goodra in the paper shredder
C’mon man, at least use salt. Let the slug die with honor.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
If you attach with Underworld door and flip tails does the ability simply fail and unable to be used again?

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
A bunch of Boost Shake trying to guaranteed Goodra in turn 2? But which patner could work? would need some hit and run but Goodra its extremely fat for Air Balloon

LightYearLiam

I've been looking forward to another Goodra, and I'm quite happy it has an interesting ability. Which is a relief because lately there have been plenty of boring cards, so I always appreciate any interesting ones. Though I will say there are a ton of energy suppression cards in this format, but I still think it's pretty cool.

This ability could be disgusting, but it's balanced out by it being a Stage 2 and needing to be in the Active Spot. It's so balanced out that it could just be unviable, lol. Though maybe it could be good for some sort of control?? idk. I'm not smart enough about competitive play to really know. But at the very least, I look forward to YouTube videos and Twitch streams starring this guy.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
It's been 8 years and Goodra is still the only pseudo-legendary that doesn't have an ultra rare :(((

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
If you mean theme deck, I have some bad news for you...
There is a POSSIBILITY we may get one of these in a V Battle Deck, since those decks never use only cards from the most recent set. But, to be fair, this looks like it could be pretty toxic in a format where attachments from the hand are king.