Good Partners for Tyrantrum

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Anyone know any good cards to go alongside Tyrantrum from Furious Fists? Mostly speaking about Basic Pokemon and something other than the ability Machamp. Interested in building a Tyrantrum deck.

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Good cards for Tyrantrum?

I'd probably just put standard fighting pokemon, Landorus EX as a backup attacker and the new Landorus (non EX) for energy acceleration. If you're playing DCE, Mewtwo EX and Druddigon Flashfire aren't bad choices. Also, silver bangle + fighting stadium can allow you to take out any EX with special energy (even Lugia).

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player

What about Pyroar and/or Reshiram (Outrage) to cover Ty's Weakness? VirGen decks will continue to be strong and played going into the next season, IMO.

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!

Lucario EX, Pyroar, and Baby Landy are all pretty good with him. You just need a good starter. Safeguard Suicune or Sigilpyh would work I guess.

Sean Burton

Aspiring Trainer

Both are kind of an odd choice but I have been thinking of trying tyrantrum out with virizion or darkrai, both is an option as well.

MaD_DoG

Defying physics since 2012
I kind of like it with Ninetales DRX and Sylveon FUF, You can move the special energy to whatever threat there is on the board with Sylveon, and bright look it up and knock it out the next turn via Chew Up with Strong energy and fighting stadium. Seems sort of inconsistant though. You could easily take out the Ninetales line and put in 4 catcher and 2 Lysandre.

Toro Rosso

Pokemon Racer
MaD_DoG said:
I kind of like it with Ninetales DRX and Sylveon FUF, You can move the special energy to whatever threat there is on the board with Sylveon, and bright look it up and knock it out the next turn via Chew Up with Strong energy and fighting stadium. Seems sort of inconsistant though. You could easily take out the Ninetales line and put in 4 catcher and 2 Lysandre.

This is assuming that you're playing it now. Ninetales will be rotated out in the next rotation.

I probably wouldn't put Sylveon in the deck since 1) you need to have a fairy energy/rainbow energy which Tyrantrum wouldn't need and 2) it adds clutter when you shouldn't need to in a fossil deck. If we're to use the above, then you'll need minimally 2-2 Sylveon plus 2 fairy/rainbow plus a couple of switches to get Sylveon out of there. 6 slots just to move special energy? Not great. The main strategy for Tyrantrum should be going after the special energy.

Another thing to consider is the use of Virizon EX to power up Tyrantrum whilst giving it immunity to special conditions. Plus it gives you a basic to start with, instead of mulligans.

Auride

Periodic Visitor
Toro googleo said:
This is assuming that you're playing it now. Ninetales will be rotated out in the next rotation

Nintales was reprinted as BW promo 66. Thus, it will not be rotating in September.