Discussion Good Cards from the Upcoming Set Sm7b "Fairy Rise"

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
What cards you you think are powerful and could be useful in either a competitive deck or a rouge/budget deck

I think
Shedinja – Psychic – HP40
Stage 1 – Evolves from Nincada
Ability: Life Vessel
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard all cards attached to this Pokemon and attach it as a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon. When that Pokemon gets Knocked Out while this Pokemon Tool is attached, your opponent takes 1 less Prize card.
[C] Curse: Put 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
and
Ninjask – Grass – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Nincada
Ability: Shed Skin
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may put a Shedinja from your discard pile onto your Bench.
[G] Scissor Cross: 40+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Retreat: 0
could be pretty good, either on their own, or paired with something like Vespiquen (both the
Vespiquen – Grass – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Combee

[G] Queen Command: 120 damage. If you don’t have 5 [G] Pokemon on your Bench, this attack does nothing.

Retreat: 2
or the bee revenge one in expanded. as well as that you could put a 2-2 line in something like zoroark to gain a prize advantage
other than that
Sableye – Psychic – HP80
Basic Pokemon
[C] Fast Haunt: The player going first can still use this attack. Search your deck for 1 card and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
[P] Cursed Drops: Put 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.
could replace alolan vulpix in some cases.
in addition
Shaymin – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Floral Heal
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may heal 20 damage from your Active [G] Pokemon.
[G][C] Stumble: 30 damage.
and
Life Forest Prism Star – Trainer
Stadium
You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.
Once during each player’s turn, that player may choose 1 of their [G] Pokemon, heal 60 damage from that Pokemon, and remove all Special Condition from that Pokemon.
As long as this Stadium is in play, whenever a player uses an Item or Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of those cards done to this Stadium.
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
could both allow grass to play a very tanky play style.
Giratina – Psychic – HP130
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Torn Door
Once during your turn (before you attack), if this Pokemon is in your discard pile, you may play it onto your Bench. Then, put 1 damage counter on 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

[P][P][C] Shadow Impact: 130 damage. Put 4 damage counters on 1 of your Pokemon.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 3
could help decks get some added snipe damage, improveing their numbers, as well as working very well with
Cofagrigus – Psychic – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Yamask

[P][C] Soul Juggling: 10+ damage. Discard as many of your Benched Pokemon as you like. This attack does 30 more damage for each Benched Pokemon you discarded in this way.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 3
to repeat garitenas ability for almost infinity
Alolan Ninetales-GX – Fairy – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Alolan Vulpix

Ability: Mysterious Guidance
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may search your deck for up to 2 Item cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[Y][C] Snowy Wind: 70 damage. This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[Y][C] Sublimation GX: If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is an Ultra Beast, it is Knocked Out. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
is great item search, plus it has alolan vulpix as a pre evolution, letting it play double duty as Pokemon, and item search!
Gardevoir – Fairy – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Kirlia

[Y] Brilliant Search: Search your deck for up to 3 cards and put them in your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[Y][C][C] Sensitive Ray: 70+ damage. If you played a Supporter card from your hand during this turn, this attack does 90 more damage.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
lets Gardivoir GX decks gain some extra search, and also have a decent non GX attacker
Mimikyu-GX – Fairy – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[Y] Perplex: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.

[Y][C] Cascading Barrage: 10+ damage. This attack does 30 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[Y] Dream Fear GX: Shuffle 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to it into their deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

can work with greninja gx or decidueye gx to deal great cascading barrage damage
Sceptile-GX– Grass – HP230
Stage 2 – Evolves from Grovyle

[G] Mach Cut: 60 damage. Discard a Special Energy from your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[G][G] Leaf Cyclone: 130 damage. Move a [G] Energy from this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[G] Jungle Heal GX: Heal all damage from each of your Pokemon with any [G] Energy attached to them. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

does great damage, and can easily heal off with max potion, as well as with it pre evolution Grovyle being able to search your deck for grass type pokemon.

Sorry for the bad formatting, forgot how to do this well

I know some people who run Gardevoir GX with Alolan Ninetales (fairy) from Fairy Rise.
It seems to run well.

Alolan Ninetales-GX is definitley up there for cards I would chase after once this set comes out. I can see myself running a 2-1 line using the Beacon Vulpix like usual, to help search pokemon and then use the ability of ninetales next turn (even if the first Alolan Vulpix gets knocked out there's the second one on the bench) so I can grab pretty much anything I need really. Rare Candies if I'm a stage 2 deck, Ultra Balls / Timer Balls if I need general pokemon search esspecially if I need to drop a Tapu Lele-GX to get a supporter for the turn, Field Blower to take care of annoying stadiums and tools, you name it. Bonus points if you are using a fairy deck like Gardevoir so that you can use it's attacks. For sure will improve Gardevoir decks when it comes out, esspecially with Rayquaza-GX looking like one of the future meta decks.

Giratina is quite the interesting one. Outside of Expanded use with Mega Gardevoir, just spreading damage around if you can get the ability off seems super nice to calculate damage, and it can even make for a good attacker for Malamar decks. In Standard there might not be too much about it. Definitley a good card but I think it has yet to be figured out. Cofagrigus might be pretty good with him.

Sigilyph-GX and his ability should be really good. It's possible to use this thing against Buzzwole with a Choice Band for KOs, against everything else it's nice 2HKO damage. I imagine using Zoroark with this card since it helps against Buzzwole (let's face it, Buzzwole should be played in post-rotation one way or another), and if they KO it back it KOs you. In a game where winning the prize trade means a lot in order to win, this should be really good in my eyes. The best option for your opponent if they can't ability lock is to Guzma around it and try to hit something else to not take the damage (or hit it with a GX / EX, but still). It's a pretty interesting card to me.

Giratina and Cofagrigus:
These two are an awesome and underated combo. Nice to see that some chase cards are in fact holo and uncommon.

Sigilyph GX:
Nice tech card in Zoroark decks and Psychic toolbox decks in general. The main selling point here is the ability which slows down Pokémon GX and its own GX attack is quite offensive.

Morty:
Great looking full art and the effect of this card seems to be underrated in the SM-on format.

Alolan Nintales GX:
Mysterious Guidance is an awesome ability that can make decks even more consistent.

Xerneas Prism Star:
Nice ability and attack on a one-prize Pokémon.

Net Ball:
Great Pokémon search card for Grass decks.

Life Forest Prism Star:
Could be a decent card in a Leafeon GX deck combined with Lurantis and Muscle Dumbbell.

Back