• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golurk/ Eeveelutions Budget Deck Idea $40 or Less

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
4 Golett AOR 34
4 Golurk AOR 35
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33
2 Eevee AOR 63
1 Jolteon AOR 26
1 Flareon AOR 13
1 Vaporeon AOR 22
2 Carbink FCO 50
2 Carbink BREAK FCO 51

QTY NAME
4 VS Seeker
2 Silent Lab
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
1 Teammates
1 Giovanni's Scheme
1 Town Map
2 Float Stone
2 Professor Birch's Observations

QTY NAME BASIC SPECIAL
4 Strong Energy
7 Fighting Energy

Here is an updated list based off of suggestions from Mr. Brandon (thanks for the input sir)

Last edited:

bradon

Aspiring Trainer
This deck would probably function better with you just attacking with golurk and expanding his typing with Eeveelutions.

Remove raichu and xerneas and galvantula and 1 eevee. Add 1 more remoraid and octillery. Max out on golurk line. Then add 2 safeguard carbink and 2 carbink break.

I am assuming you don't have access to VS seeker? If not you need to seriously up your draw support count. You should be running 10 draw supporters without VS seeker. If you can get VS seekers, which shouldn't be hard if you get the new battle decks that came out, remove 2 Bridget and 3 Skyfield for 4 VS Seeker. Then replace Shauna with sycamore. Replace Skyla with ultra ball. Then drop 1 super rod and add 2 silent lab. Then add 2 float stone or switch.

Replace you 10 fairy energy with 4 strong energy and 4 fighting energy.

The reason I suggest this build over xerneas is because xerneas is not a budget card anymore, it's price spiked up quite a bit.

I hope this helped

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
This deck would probably function better with you just attacking with golurk and expanding his typing with Eeveelutions.

Remove raichu and xerneas and galvantula and 1 eevee. Add 1 more remoraid and octillery. Max out on golurk line. Then add 2 safeguard carbink and 2 carbink break.

I am assuming you don't have access to VS seeker? If not you need to seriously up your draw support count. You should be running 10 draw supporters without VS seeker. If you can get VS seekers, which shouldn't be hard if you get the new battle decks that came out, remove 2 Bridget and 3 Skyfield for 4 VS Seeker. Then replace Shauna with sycamore. Replace Skyla with ultra ball. Then drop 1 super rod and add 2 silent lab. Then add 2 float stone or switch.

Replace you 10 fairy energy with 4 strong energy and 4 fighting energy.

The reason I suggest this build over xerneas is because xerneas is not a budget card anymore, it's price spiked up quite a bit.

I hope this helped
As of now I do not have access to vs seeker, I'm looking to get a deck ready and to update with stronger cards as I go along.
What do you mean by draw support? Is that like prof sycamore, birch observations and shauna?
Is there a staples list of trainers that fit into most decks for the 2017 rotations?
Strong energy work on golurk?
I really like Raichu because I already have that card so I'd like to keep him in for a secondary attacker. But willing to try new things.
I also did look those rainbow xerneas are not budget friendly but I might pick them up anyway and use bisharp, galvantula, and another duel type to buff his damage.

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
4 Golett AOR 34
4 Golurk AOR 35
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33
2 Eevee AOR 63
1 Jolteon AOR 26
1 Flareon AOR 13
1 Vaporeon AOR 22
2 Carbink FCO 50
2 Carbink BREAK FCO 51

QTY NAME
4 VS Seeker
2 Silent Lab
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
1 Teammates
1 Giovanni's Scheme
1 Town Map
2 Float Stone

QTY NAME BASIC SPECIAL
4 Strong Energy
7 Fighting Energy

Here is an updated list based off of suggestions from Mr. Brandon (thanks for the input sir)

bradon

Aspiring Trainer
You can use double colorless energy in the deck, Carbink BREAK can accelerate any energy, not just basic, so he can put DCE on your Golurk.

Also Golurk is fighting so he can take advantage of strong energy. Golette cannot however.

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
I have a question, the silent lab takes out all abilities, including dual type for golurk then strong energy wouldn't work, flareon, jolt eon, and vaporeon, wouldn't scorched earth work better for draw power or a different stadium maybe even rough seas for healing on water or lightning types?. I feel like silent lab would hamper this deck too much.

bradon

Aspiring Trainer
U gotta read silent lab

Edit: that isn't helpful, sorry lol. Silent lab only shuts down abilities of basic pokemon. So the only card it would affect is carbink. If you evolve into carbink BREAK he will get his ability back.

Getting silent lab out early helps bridge the gap vs non budget decks, as they can't hoopa or shaymin unless they have a stadium.

Last edited:

felinefine

see you later space cowboy.
4 Golett AOR 34
4 Golurk AOR 35
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33
2 Eevee AOR 63
1 Jolteon AOR 26
1 Flareon AOR 13
1 Vaporeon AOR 22
2 Carbink FCO 50
2 Carbink BREAK FCO 51

QTY NAME
4 VS Seeker
2 Silent Lab
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
1 Teammates
1 Giovanni's Scheme
1 Town Map
2 Float Stone

QTY NAME BASIC SPECIAL
4 Strong Energy
7 Fighting Energy

I played a deck like this before getting really into Pokemon and really liked the idea of hitting more pokemon for weakness than normal. Some suggestions for your deck list:

1# I would add 1 more Eevee for consistency reasons. To many times have I had 2 Prize Cards that I prized.

2# I would also add a Jolteon as it would make it easier to grab if playing a deck j=such as M Rayquaza.

3# I don't really see the need to play N and Professor Birch together. I personally think that N is FAR superior.

4# Giovanni's Scheme doesn't provide much use here, Golurk is only hitting 120 which is enough to KO Shaymin Ex. Any other Ex will need at least a 2HKO.

5# 4 DCE would also be useful and make the deck a but more speedy.

6# Finally, I think Trainers Mail would have some use in this deck to add consistency.

My little bit o' info;)

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
I played a deck like this before getting really into Pokemon and really liked the idea of hitting more pokemon for weakness than normal. Some suggestions for your deck list:

1# I would add 1 more Eevee for consistency reasons. To many times have I had 2 Prize Cards that I prized.

2# I would also add a Jolteon as it would make it easier to grab if playing a deck j=such as M Rayquaza.

3# I don't really see the need to play N and Professor Birch together. I personally think that N is FAR superior.

4# Giovanni's Scheme doesn't provide much use here, Golurk is only hitting 120 which is enough to KO Shaymin Ex. Any other Ex will need at least a 2HKO.

5# 4 DCE would also be useful and make the deck a but more speedy.

6# Finally, I think Trainers Mail would have some use in this deck to add consistency.

My little bit o' info;)
Would you recommend putting the trainers main in instead of prof birch? What do you think of shauna to make it a cheaper deck? It does a similar thing to bir House?

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
4 Golett AOR 34
4 Golurk AOR 35
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33
2 Eevee AOR 63
1 Jolteon AOR 26
1 Flareon AOR 13
1 Vaporeon AOR 22
2 Carbink FCO 50
2 Carbink BREAK FCO 51

QTY NAME
4 VS Seeker -4 vs seeker + 4 pal pad
2 Silent Lab
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
1 Teammates
1 Giovanni's Scheme -1 Giovanni +1 trainers mail?
1 Town Map -1 town map +1 trainers mail
2 Float Stone
2 Professor Birch's Observations -2 prof birch +2 shauna

QTY NAME BASIC SPECIAL
4 Strong Energy
7 Fighting Energy

Thoughts, has pal pad rotated?

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
Sadly, pal pad has rotated out. If you don't have the budget for VS Seeker, I would definitely follow the previous statements about using N. N is a perfect card to run when using Octillery, since Octillery can always draw you more cards. So, if you don't want to add VS seeker, here's what I recommend doing:
-4 VS Seeker/Pal Pad
-2 Shauna
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-1 Town Map
-2 Fighting Energy

+4 N
+2 Double Colorless Energy
And then either:
+4 Trainers Mail
or
+2 Trainers Mail
+2 Evosoda (from Generations, since you run so many evolutions.
I would also try to fit in Pokémon Ranger, so that Glaceon doesn't lock you out of attacking, but I have no idea how to make room for it...

felinefine

see you later space cowboy.
Would you recommend putting the trainers main in instead of prof birch? What do you think of shauna to make it a cheaper deck? It does a similar thing to bir House?
I agree with what TrevGallade says on your questions.