• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod Toolbox

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone, I'm new here, so please be kind :D
I am an old time pokemon player. Some years ago I discovered Showdown, but now I discovered tcgone, and I do love playing tcg on tcgone.
Decks usually bore me in no time, especially meta decks: I am not able yet to understand the fine regulation of techs, but net decking everytime is boring too. So, I tried to build a deck which is funny to play but semi viable too.
It is a sort of toolbox using Golisopod GX to get some nice damage.

Pokemon (19)
2 Tapu Koko (SMP 30)
2 Slugma (CLS 23)
1 Oranguru (UPR 114)
1 Golisopod (GRI 9)
1 Fomantis (SM 14)
1 Tapu Lele-GX (GRI 60)
2 Magcargo (CLS 24)
3 Golisopod-GX (BUS 17)
3 Wimpod (BUS 16)
1 Oranguru (SM 113)
1 Lurantis (SMP 25)
1 Ditto Prism Star (LOT 154)

Trainer (32)
2 Professor Kukui (SM 128)
2 Cynthia (UPR 119)
4 Guzma (BUS 115)
4 Lillie (SM 122)
2 Acerola (BUS 112)

4 Acro Bike (CLS 123)
2 Nest Ball (SM 123)
3 Choice Band (GRI 121)
2 Net Ball (LOT 187)
1 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
4 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
1 Switch (SM 132)
1 Life Forest Prism Star (LOT 180)

Energy (9)
4 Double Colorless Energy (SM 136)
5 Grass Energy (SM 164)

I try to explain some point of it:
  • 2 Magcargo and a solid line of Kukui, Lillie, and Acro Bike let me get everything I need, for example DCE, Choice Band, Guzma, Switch. Oranguru SM helps too.
  • Baby Golisopod can hit Hoopa.
  • Lurantis promo is a sort of tech. With a Lurantis in the bench and a Choice Band, First Impression OHKOes Lele, and with a Kukui OHKOes all the Necrozmas. Moreover, I find it is so important against 1 prize attackers, for example baby Buzzwole, Empoleon, and Alolan Exeggutor. The first is OHKOed with First Impression, the latter ones are OHKOed with First Impression and a Kukui. Moreover, the 20 more points let Crossing Cut GX hit for 210 with a Choice Band.
  • Oranguru UPR is here mainly for Sylveon and stall matchup. I don't understand if it is really useful or not.
  • I use Koko mainly for the free retreat. It is an obvious combo with Golisopod, especially after a ko.
I hope I've been clear! As you can see, the deck is pretty simple in structure, but it's quite funny to use.
I hope you have many suggestions too ;)

Last edited:
I played against a deck similar to this and it was well played and a tough game. I think it can be a tough set up right now but when Lost Thunder comes out having the access to net ball seems really good. Also, I feel like 2 Lurantis is the way to go. Ditto prism star will be super useful to the deck will all the different lines. Maybe only really need 5 grass energy max to find room for that 4th Guzma. I also think 2 Kukui so you can have a 4th bike. Lastly, it seems useful to find a stadium or blower so you can remove cards to help your board state.

I played against a deck similar to this and it was well played and a tough game. I think it can be a tough set up right now but when Lost Thunder comes out having the access to net ball seems really good. Also, I feel like 2 Lurantis is the way to go. Ditto prism star will be super useful to the deck will all the different lines. Maybe only really need 5 grass energy max to find room for that 4th Guzma. I also think 2 Kukui so you can have a 4th bike. Lastly, it seems useful to find a stadium or blower so you can remove cards to help your board state.

Hi! First of all, thanks for your help.
All in all, the set up is not as tough as you can think: I often get a full bench and the right mons. But obviously Net Ball is going to be great!
I would like to try a 2 - 2 line of Lurantis, but I don't know how to make room for them.
I can try the following fixes now:

- 1 Kukui
- 1 Switch
- 1 Grass Energy
- 1 Choice Band

+ 1 Fomantis
+ 1 Lurantis
+ 1 Guzma
+ 1 Acro Bike

It's not bad, even if I often feel that I should hit for more damages.
Your suggestions are nice, but I don't know what I should drop!

What if:
-1 grass
-1 ultra ball
-1 choice band

+1 wimpod
+1 netball
+1 pal pad

I don't think choice band is as good as it once was. Getting guzma and Acerola back seems like it could be pretty useful

Back