• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod-GX/Zoroark-GX

Draskk

Blast From The Past
This is a concept I thought of that I think is pretty good; both Zoroark-GX and Golisopod-GX revolve around two-shots for one energy, and it's more than likely that you'll be able to meet the criteria for at least one of their attacks. Zoroark BKT also provides a way to switch Golisopod-GX in and out of the active, as well as a 1-prize attacker that can do sometimes even more damage than Golisopod-GX and Zoroark-GX. Zoroark-GX's Ability helps you dig for a crucial Acerola or Guzma to reset First Impression. Here's the list:

Pokémon (18):

3x Golisopod-GX
3x Wimpod BUS
2x Zoroark-GX
2x Zoroark BKT
4x Zorua
1x Tapu Koko Promo
3x Tapu-Lele-GX

Trainers (32):

4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Brigette
1x Mallow
3x Guzma
3x Acerola
1x Heavy Ball
1x Evosoda
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
1x Special Charge
1x Rescue Stretcher
3x Choice Band
3x Float Stone

Energy (10):

6x Basic Grass Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Let me know what you think! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck. My only modification would be to cut one Tapu Lele GX for a second Tapu Koko. You do not need three Tapu Lele GX on usualy and bench space would become tight. Maybe also consider to cut Heavy Ball for a second Evosoda and either one Guzma or one Acerola for a third Choice Band. With Zoroark and Float Stone Golisopod GX is free to have Choice Band attached and it helps a great deal with the math. Hope that provides some initial assistance.

Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck. My only modification would be to cut one Tapu Lele GX for a second Tapu Koko. You do not need three Tapu Lele GX on usualy and bench space would become tight. Maybe also consider to cut Heavy Ball for a second Evosoda and either one Guzma or one Acerola for a third Choice Band. With Zoroark and Float Stone Golisopod GX is free to have Choice Band attached and it helps a great deal with the math. Hope that provides some initial assistance.
Thanks for the reply! :)

I like having the third Lele for extra consistency and as a bench-loader for Zoroark-GX, but I'll try 2 Koko/2 Lele. I went with a 1 Heavy Ball/1 Evosoda split because Heavy Ball can grab Wimpod as well as Golisopod. I will cut the fourth Guzma for a third Choice Band.

You do have a glaring problem here: you lose HARD to Gardevoir. This is why currently successful Golisopod lists run Garbotoxin.
If you are fine with losing to gardevoir though:
You shouldn't need the evosoda, regular evolving is good enough. You also shouldn't need special charge as 4 DCE is usually plenty.
You might want to consider running an extra Tapu Koko promo, as you really do need the extra spread damage to hit the required numbers.

Good luck!

You do have a glaring problem here: you lose HARD to Gardevoir. This is why currently successful Golisopod lists run Garbotoxin.
If you are fine with losing to gardevoir though:
You shouldn't need the evosoda, regular evolving is good enough. You also shouldn't need special charge as 4 DCE is usually plenty.
You might want to consider running an extra Tapu Koko promo, as you really do need the extra spread damage to hit the required numbers.

Good luck!
I don't think it loses hard to Gardevoir; they need 6 Energy to OHKO a Golisopod and you can 2HKO them, just don't try to use Zoroark-GX versus Gardey. Non-GX Zoroark can often do 2HKO damage to Gardey while being a 1 prizer, even after Resistance. I think I'll keep the Evosoda, just for the little consistency boost, and I agree with the Special Charge probably being unneeded, but I like the security it provides in case you discard some DCE early and your in a match where either of the Zoroarks or Koko are crucial. I probably will add a second Koko in place of a Lele, especially now that I'm running Mallow. Thanks for the reply :)

I don't think it loses hard to Gardevoir; they need 6 Energy to OHKO a Golisopod and you can 2HKO them, just don't try to use Zoroark-GX versus Gardey. Non-GX Zoroark can often do 2HKO damage to Gardey while being a 1 prizer, even after Resistance. I think I'll keep the Evosoda, just for the little consistency boost, and I agree with the Special Charge probably being unneeded, but I like the security it provides in case you discard some DCE early and your in a match where either of the Zoroarks or Koko are crucial. I probably will add a second Koko in place of a Lele, especially now that I'm running Mallow. Thanks for the reply :)

The problem is once they do get 5 energy + choice band on gardy, you have no answer. And they can easily do that if they are allowed to evolve multiple Gardevoir-GX.
Either you have to be fast enough to kill enough ralts/kirlia that they are not able to evolve more than 1 gardevoir, or you have to prevent them from using their ability. Since you are not going to do the latter, you should look towards guaranteeing knockouts on benched basics. Which means at least 4 Guzma.

The problem is once they do get 5 energy + choice band on gardy, you have no answer. And they can easily do that if they are allowed to evolve multiple Gardevoir-GX.
Either you have to be fast enough to kill enough ralts/kirlia that they are not able to evolve more than 1 gardevoir, or you have to prevent them from using their ability. Since you are not going to do the latter, you should look towards guaranteeing knockouts on benched basics. Which means at least 4 Guzma.
But once you knock out that Gardey, they're in trouble resource wise. And if they're forced to take a two shot on you, you can Acerola. You definitely out speed Gardey as well and you can put some early pressure on them. That five energy Gardey will most likely be a one-trick pony; in all reality they won't be able to load up more than one Gardey with that much Energy on it. If they can achieve this, it is, of course, very daunting, but it's not easy at all and requires lots of resources. In my experience playing against Gardey, maybe 1 out of 10 games this happens, and since you are out speeding Gardey, it's even more difficult since you'll be K.Oing Ralts and Kirlia early on.

I may try taking out the special charge for a fourth Guzma.

I think the list is good, but I feel like theres too much Zoroark. Also, Golisopod doesn't lose to Gardevoir, its very rare this happens. Have you considered Rainbow Energy? It allows you to use Trickster GX and pick up damaged mons with Acerola.

I think the list is good, but I feel like theres too much Zoroark. Also, Golisopod doesn't lose to Gardevoir, its very rare this happens. Have you considered Rainbow Energy? It allows you to use Trickster GX and pick up damaged mons with Acerola.
Honestly I’m not convinced you would want Trickster GX in this deck as you will find so many more situations where you want to Crossing Cut.

Rainbow Energy is an interesting idea, I just don't like that it damages your Pokémon (even with Acerola). Trickster-GX is a decent option but I agree with @joffreyspikes that usually you want to use Crossing Cut for the OHKO potential.

Most of the time if you do use Trickster GX, you will be taking a 1HKO anyways; as you want to copy a powerful attack. Yeah Rainbow Energy might not be worth, but could have utility

Has there been any updates on this or similar list I saw deck like this played in the European Internationals yesterday and I wanted to try it

I just made an updated list based off the ones that did well in Europe:

Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 2 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Wimpod BUS 16
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 7 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO

I just made an updated list based off the ones that did well in Europe:

Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 2 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Wimpod BUS 16
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 7 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO
I don't see how this is at all based off the London lists but it's great none the less.

I don't see how this is at all based off the London lists but it's great none the less.
The three Brigettes. Other than that, it's pretty much mine.

Also, I'm trying to fit Puzzles into this list like the ones from London did. Maybe lose the seventh Grass Energy, a Sycamore, the Stretcher, and the fourth Wimpod?

Back