• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod GX/Lurantis (Deck for Worlds)

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
An idea I've had for a while (ever since Golisopod GX was leaked. 120 for a single energy seemed pretty good, so what if you could take KO's for a single energy? (150 w/ choice band, 170 w/ 1 lurantis promo and choice band etc). A 210 HP beast that does 150+ damage for a single energy is hard to stop. (forgive the poorly formatted decklist)
Pokemon 17
4 Wimpod
4 Golisopod GX
3 Fomantis
3 Lurantis Promo
1 Eevee
1 Vaporeon
1 Tapu Lele

Supporters 10
4 Sycamore
2 N
3 Guzma
1 Kukui

Stadium 4
4 Forest of Giant Plants

Items 25
2 Escape Rope
3 Switch
4 Ultra Ball
4 Vs seeker
2 Level Ball
2 Revitalizer
2 Max Potion (or 2 DCE)
3 Choice Band
3 Float Stone (or a DCE)

Energy 7
7 Grass

Strategy: Use Golisopod's First Impression for little energy for big damage by stacking damage modifiers
[[G] First Impression 30+ (90 more if became active) (only attack you use]

[An escape rope where you choose your opponents Pokemon]

Last edited:

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,

Whilst it might seem like a good idea to use Float Stone in this deck, it is toxic because they can be so easily Field Blowered away. I suggest you replace all three of them with another copy of Guzma as well as two DCEs to use the GX attack.

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
The GX in my testing has seen little use. Maybe 1 Float for DCE, but I like 3 float in deck allows Guzma plays to be set up easier.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I could be mistaken but if this deck is for Worlds, Forest of Giant Plants will be rotated right?

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
I dont see the use in the vaporeon line it adds very little value since 2 lurantis would allow you to take the ko a vaporeon would provide. Why not remove it and run the full 4-4 line of lurantis.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
If I played this deck, this would be my prefered list:

Pokemon:14
  • 4 Wimpod BUS
  • 3 Golispod-GX
  • 2 Golispod SUM
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX
  • 1 Tapu Koko
  • 1 Jirachi
  • 1 Sudowoodo
Trainers:36
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Guzma
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Acerola
  • 1 Brigette
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 4 Choice Band
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Revitalizer
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Max Potion
Energy:10
  • 7 Grass
  • 3 DCE
The SUM Golispod can take big KO's whereas the deck should be trying to OHKO for 1 Energy, too much setup and is easily beatable. The GX should focus on staying alive, and 2 shot stuff, which takes less setup, and is a more realistic win condition. Also, your list played WAY too many items, and all the japs at worlds are probably playing either Alolan Ninetales, or Garbodor. Turbo Dark and Noivern could also be in that mix too.

Darkness3827

Aspiring Trainer
SM3 will become legal the first day of worlds, so there will be a lot of cards to prepare for with almost 0 practice. Seems interesting though.

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
[I dont see the use in the vaporeon line it adds very little value since 2 lurantis would allow you to take the ko a vaporeon would provide. Why not remove it and run the full 4-4 line of lurantis.]
*cough*
volcanion

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
But you already OHKO Volcanion, the point is to drop the Vaporeon for thefourth Lurantis which would do the EXACT SAME THING but it's better and more consistent. And I don't think Golisopod would be good at worlds if you take a look at the current meta and where it's going

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
I played some test games against volc and with vaporeon it is much easier to win, though another lurantis line could work.