Golem 4 in Lux... Er... LuxChomp...

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
(Wow, I had a hard time typing that title...)
23-golem-4.jpg

Ok, yeah, this is probably VERY VERY stupid, but I just thought I'd run this by you real fast...

If you ran this in LuxChomp, it could serve two purposes:

1) A secondary Luxray GL LvX counter.

2) A counter to T-Tar.

Think about it, you bench Golem, attach a fighting, Bronzong G over a DCE, and plop an Energy-Gain on this fella, retreat your active, and Bob's your Uncle. You have 1-shotted your opponent's active T-Tar. Then, as if it couldn't get any better, you have 60 damage on you. You can then, if you survive the revenge kill, use Rage for even more damage before falling to the grave.

Sure, it's situational, but can be easily pulled off.

Or, I could be a total moron, and Golem 4 is terrible.

So, what do you think? Feel free to call me silly, it wouldn't be the first time I've heard it.:D

I wouldn't want to waste a DCE on Golem+ an energy , when I would snipe with Garchomp C X. Adding 1-2 {F} would bring an extra type of energy into Luxchomp, making it 3-5 different energy types needed for attacks, and Promocroak is a fine Luxray Counter, and I've used it against T-tar too.

Running Golem would force you to run another Energy type, and most Luxchomp decks won't be able to fit another one in due to the amount of types they already run.

Yes, Promocroak can work against T-Tar, but you aren't one-shoting.

But your right, this is stupid. :p

EDIT: Yeah, Gliscor, Energy is a problem... But I'm sure they could find some kind of room...

^You'd rather just forego the energy and keep space nice and open. Too much stuff going on with that for it to be reliable... the DCE used on the Golem is one less DCE for Garchomp C LV.X to use, and you don't want that.

Yeah, the DCE thing...

Although, the main use for it being against T-Tar, you could still keep your DCE. You send him up the turn that you bench him, and one shot T-Tar. If all they can do is return Darkness Howl, you can Bronzong off the DCE, and put a different energy on for the turn, and still use Rage for the second one-shot. Of course, that's if they are stupid enough to send up a T-Tar to die. If they can't get do anything bigger than a Darkness Howl, they stall with a Pixie, and you Poketurn, saving a prize, and your precious DCE.

The surprise factor is nice, plus it can do a quick 100 to the active (or 200, as you have mentioned). This also serves as an awesome Umbreon counter, since you can one shot them out of nowhere.

As for taking up too much room, most LuxChomp builds already tech in the 1 psychic energy needed for PromoCroak, so really the only thing you need to do is switch out PC and the psychic for Golem 4 and a fighting. Of course, the card is very situational, and should only be used if you know for a fact that you won't lose a DCE on a revenge KO.

It can be easily revenged if you let your opponent set up too much with backup attackers on the Bench. I would only play this if I knew that >25% of the meta is Tyranitar lol. It's really the only good use against it. Whiscash E4 is a much better attacker versus Lux variants IMO, especially because of the no backlash.

dmaster out.

TBH, I expect a lot of T-Tar down here, hence me thinking of this.

Otherwise, yes. This would be a waste of space.

I know that some Luxchomp players have run a 1-1 Donphan Prime line for the purpose of revenge-killing Luxrays. It's easier to set up, only needs 1 energy, can tank like no other...yeah.
Not like Golem 4 is necessarily bad (I mean, 110 HP on a Basic is actually pretty tempting), I think that Donphan would just be a bit better, even though it's easier to see coming than Golem.

Golem 4 would serve best early game, before they set up a back up T-Tar (that way, they're only move is to Darkness Howl). I kinda like it over Donphan, since, even though it cannot tank, is easier to get out of the active spot and doesn't spread damage to the bench.

I see your point.
The thing is that you would bring more energy to the table and less space:(.
The only way that Rage would work in this case would be if Golem was close to being Knocked Out.
Others can do the same amount of damage for the same amount of energy without the downside of being low on HP.
Double-Edge requires a lot of energy, does a reasonable amount of damage, but puts you in the danger zone.
It would only be good to use if you survive your opponents next turn to do rage.

Id much rather see Luxray's flash impact hitting a benched Golem, then having the golem use rage later on in the game.

the only problem with that is...as it's taking damage from Flash Impact on the bench, it then easily becomes a target to get rid of being it becomes a nuisance or just an easy prize

Yeah, although most the decks you'd do that against can't really snipe. The main sniper to be worried about is Garchomp C LvX, and he's only run in SP mirror; and you wouldn't use Golem against that.

You mean like Pokemon Reversal, and whatnot?

As a side note, after building a Regigigas to play with, I realized that Golem 4 can destroy it. If your worried about Gigas, Golem might not be a bad idea to try.

While Golem E4 isn't a bad card. I think there are alot of different counters to luxray that are fighting types. for example rampardos GL is a nice pokemon to use to just OHKO Luxray GL. The first attack cost's a {F}+{C} this is an interesting thing to do but if you want to you could go for it. In a deck like luxchomp an extra 30 damage can now let garchomp c X snipe and hit pokemon with 110HP or less for a KO. The second attack for an extra colorless does 40 but if you did something like flash bite or just get 10 damage (even from trample) you can hit for 60. this leads to an OHKO on luxray GL. If you think on playing this it would just take up a 1-1 space with 1 rampardos GL and 1{F} energy. Unless you feel unsafe with just 1 energy.

Back