• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Gold Rush (Alolan Dugtrio/Starmie)

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
This is my Alolan Dugtrio deck for Expanded. It's main strategy is to stream Dugtrios and fuel its Gold Rush attack with Superior Energy Retrieval, Space Beacon, and Mt. Coronet. This deck is a blast to play and is very satisfying to drop like 7 energy to OHKO Zoroark GX. Let me hear your thoughts. Thank you.

##Pokémon - 17

* 4 Alolan Diglett SUM
* 4 Alolan Dugtrio UPR
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI
* 2 Staryu BKP
* 2 Starmie EVO
* 1 Oranguru SUM
* 2 Exeggcute PLF

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Computer Search
* 3 Rescue Stretcher
* 3 Mt. Coronet
* 1 Guzma
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 1 Fisherman
* 4 Battle Compressor
* 2 Cynthia
* 1 N
* 2 Professor Sycamore
* 4 VS Seeker
* 4 Level Ball
* 3 Superior Energy Retrieval

##Energy - 10

* 10 Metal Energy

Total Cards - 60

Last edited:
I was literally thinking about this earlier, abusing eggs in this deck with almost the same card counts. I didn't think about Superior energy retrieval! Can I ask why the lusamine and why no lysandre?

Lusamine ensures you win the stadium war and Lysandre isn't really needed in a deck like this. Since you don't invest in your active attacker one Dugtrio's just as good as the next.

I run dowsing machine in my gold rush but I'm a weirdo like that. I think that extra uses of items are invaluable in a deck like this and don't feel that you need a lot to get your board flowing. t1 Brigette is pretty key here so going up to 2 to prevent it being prized might be a good idea. I really dislike running without N so I'd personally drop a trainers' mail for one.

For anyone considering getting into expanded, I think this gold rush deck is the most easily budgetized list for newer players, especially without Lele. A nice feature of this deck is everything but Lele can be found with a level ball, so you lose some efficacy, but you can sub out Leles/Brigette for level balls and still have a pretty threatening deck without having Lele, Shaymin, Zoroark, or any of the other big chase cards.

I swapped the lusamine for a second Brigette. Testing all night. No regrets on this decision.

And yes, super duper budget. Instead of lele+Brigette engine, you could do ShayminEX+level ball engine. ShayminEX is only like 4 packs and it was just a ladder prize. It would brick more often than Lele but still pretty damn good.

I've updated the deck. Replaced the Trainer Mail with Level Ball and tweaked the numbers on some stuff. The deck is doing pretty well, not top tier but it can put up a fight against them and is very fun to play

Back