• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Going Rogue: Cresselia / Gardevoir

ChandeTelle130

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, I am here to post my new deck. When I first saw the scans from Boundaries Crossed and saw Cresselia, I wanted to make a deck for it, so here it is:

Pokemon: 15
2 Emolga (Call for Family)
3 Cresselia EX
2 Mewtwo EX
3 Ralts
1 Kirlia
3 Gardevoir
1 Ditto

Trainers:34

Items: 21
3 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
3 Exp. Share
1 Gold Potion
4 Potion
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod

Supporters: 11
4 N
4 Professor Juniper
3 Bianca

Stadium: 2
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy: 11
8 {P} Energy
3 {C}{C} Energy

The strategy is simple, try to get a Cresselia or Mewtwo hitting for T2 with Gardevoir in play ASAP.
Hope you help me, thank you :D

I like it! I was working with something similar and it seems to do fairly well. I was trying to fit in Max Potion to just straight up tank. I always find more rods help. may try out this variant though.

-1 Cresselia Ex
+1 Mewtwo Ex

Mewtwo works better against a wider variety of decks.
Cresselia is nice, but when you come across an eviolited darkrai is GG for Cresselia.

-4 Potion
-2 Skyarrow
+3 Switch (leaving 3 open spot for my later case i will make)

Stunfisk lock would really suck or Accelgar, you're screwed.

I would also advise you to test energy switch instead of exp share.
Both are good in this deck, but it is really a matter of preference.
If you haven't tested it yet, please do.

+3 Skyla.

The card is amazing.
And it will boost consistency on T2 Gardevoir tremendously.

Thanks ashtavakra :D I'll test it right now :)

Ok, I already tested it. I really think that Cresselia is better in this than Mewtwo. I got 5-1 with Cresselia, in which 2 of the decks where Accelgor/Empoleon. So I made some changes:
-3 Exp. Share
-4 Potion
-2 Skyarrow Bridge

+3 Energy Switch
+3 Switch
-3 Skyla
Thanks for the advices ¡

I'm not an expert in this format, but I'll do my best to make a few suggestions you might like. *Clears throat:

-2 Potion; making room for priority cards
-1 Gold Potion; really nice, but it's an ACE SPEC, and the ammount of consistency Computer Search adds is amazing. I'll admit my testing with the new cards is disdainfully low, but right now, I'm thinking that Computer Search should be a staple in everything. Feel free to ignore this, though, if you disagree.
-1 Skyarrow Bridge; it's nice for getting T1 Emolga amd free retreat with Cresselia, but most players will play theirs if they have it, and I didn't want to take out all of the Potions.
-1 Ultra Ball
+3 Pokemon Communication; You're running a Stage 2 in this format and you have a decent number of Pokemon. I think it migjt be worth it to try Communication because Ultra Ball has to discard resources, and from the looks of this list, I don't thing your deck would apprieciate it. I think I would experiment it.
+1 Emolga; Increased chances of starting with it plus more Communication fodder.
+1 Computer Search; is awesome! I would test this card out.

Hope this was helpful!

ChandeTelle130 said:
Thanks ashtavakra :D I'll test it right now :)

Ok, I already tested it. I really think that Cresselia is better in this than Mewtwo. I got 5-1 with Cresselia, in which 2 of the decks where Accelgor/Empoleon. So I made some changes:
-3 Exp. Share
-4 Potion
-2 Skyarrow Bridge

+3 Energy Switch
+3 Switch
-3 Skyla
Thanks for the advices ¡

Are those the only decks you have been testing against?
I still don't understand how you Cresselia better? Eviolited pokemon tromp you.
Empoleon isn't a tear deck anymore. Start testing against
blastoise keldeo
darkrai variants
dusknoir variants
terrakion/mewtwo variants
landorus variants

give yourself a realistic testing route.
don't take mulligans, don't go first.

Back