• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Glacial Garbage (Glaceon/Garbodor)

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
This deck is trash

3 Glaceon-GX (UPR 141)
4 Eevee (SM 101)
2 Trubbish (BKP 56)
2 Garbodor (BKP 57)
Shaymin-EX (ROS 77a)
Mewtwo-EX (LET 54)

1 Colress (PLS)
1 Teammates (PCL 160)
3 Muscle Band (XY 121)
4 VS Seeker (PHF 109)
1 Computer Search (BCR 137)
4 Float Stone (BKT 137)
2 Cynthia (UPR)
2 Guzma (BUS)
2 N (BWP 100)
1 Professor Sycamore (STS)
4 Ultra Ball (SHL)
2 Enhanced Hammer (GRI)
1 Field Blower (GRI)
2 Rough Seas (PRC 137)
Lusamine (CRI 110)
Acerola (BUS 142)

8 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy (GEN)

Recommendations are welcome and will be taken into account when making modifications to the deck

That sure is a lot of Ability Lockdown....

One idea for you... throw in Bursting balloons as they will let you lock out your opponent with garbador and wont impeed you during your turn... nothing worse that locking out abilities when you need to play shaymin ex or a tapu lele...

be aware that your only attackers are ex and gx... not that wont be a problem if you have garbodor activated... but just in case.. replace mewtwo with a one prize attack like mewtwo from EVO or Deoxis from Celestial Storm???

Great deck subject, but it could use a bit of tweaking. Here's my suggestions.

1# Shaymin EX + Mewtwo EX
I have a feeling you just added these because you needed pokemon or actually have the card, but they aren't really helping your deck very much. Instead of using Shaymin EX, you could also try Octillery, Zebstrika or even Oranguru, which both let you draw each turn instead of having to place down Shaymins. Now, for Mewtwo, I suggest trying another powerful attacker, such as Ninetales GX (This also could work since you could Beacon with Vulpix), Lapras GX if you'd like to set up easier, or even Suicune GX to shut down other GX attackers. These cards work wonders, but there are several others I could list if you need.

2# Tapu Lele GX
Every deck needs a Tapu Lele GX. It's a very versatile pokemon, and it's ability is great for setting up a good match from turn one. One suggestion is putting down Tapu Lele GX, searching for Professor Elms Lecture, grabbing Vulpix, Eevee, or any others you may need, and starting your turn with a half full bench. (This also works with Pokemon Fan Club, etc.) I would suggest every deck having at least +2 Tapu Lele GXs, just for the chance of drawing one on your first turn or for extra trainer supports in-late game.

3# Garbodor + Glaceon GX
You really don't need two ability blockers, because one should shut your opponent down enough. Since this deck is mainly water I suggest keeping Glaceon GX as your ability blocker, but keep in mind this only works if it's active. Garbodor works as well, but you'd have to shift a huge portion of your deck to match it's game set, so it's not completely worth it. But honestly, either works great.

Lovin' this deck set so far, keep up the good work! ;)

Last edited:
Nice list. Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

Trash Garbodor too can be a very effective attacker since there seems to be more Item play in Expanded vs. Standard format play. So, incorporating at least 1 is well worth, IMO. (And yes, I do know that would alter your energy mix; but, I've found it to be well worth having that attack option.)

I believe Tapu Lele GX might be a better alternative than Shaymin EX for several reasons: Tapu Lele GX has no Weakness, has "much" more HP, and is a better attacker. Further, it can help you setup your bench by getting a useful Supporter like Brigette, Lillie, etc.

Why no Brigette and/or Lillie?

IMO, after selecting your deck's Pokémon, the next group of cards to select are those that comprise your complimentary "draw engine." Currently, you only have 1 Colress, 2 Cynthia, 2 N, and 1 Professor Sycamore. This 6-count seems "light" and not helpful enough at game's start to help facilitate setting up your bench quickly. Plus, without certain Items (e.g., Acro Bike, Level Ball, etc.), I suspect you are not "thinning-out" your deck fast enough early game to make those 6 card-draw Supporters as effective as possible. So, consider increasing your card-draw Supporter count which should have higher priority, IMO, than "tech" cards (e.g., Acerola, Lusamine, etc.)

Consider replacing the Teammates with Ace Trainer which can be more disruptive to your opponent, but also refreshes your hand with 6 cards.

Why no Super Rod?

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back