• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Glaceon/Zoroark Deck

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
This is a deck I have had relatively good success with.

21 Pokemon
4 Eevee (SUM)
4 Glaceon GX (UPR)
3 Zorua (SHL)
3 Zoroark GX (SHL)
Alolan Vulpix (GRI)
Alolan Ninetails (BUS)
Tapu Koko (SMP)
Manaphy Ex (BKP)
Glaceon Ex (FCO)
Volcanion (FLI)
Shaymin EX (ROS)

25 Trainers
4 Cynthia (ULP)
2 N (FCO)
2 Aqua Patch (GRI)
2 Ultra Ball
2 Guzma (BUS)
Brigitte (BKT)
Trainers mail (AOR)
Acerola (BUS)
Colress
Teammates (PRC)
Skyla (BKT)
Rough Seas (PRC)
Evosoda
Field Blower
Choice Band (GRI)
Bodybuilding Dumbbells (BUS)
Enhanced Hammer
Crasher Wake (FLI)

14 Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
10 Water Energy

Strategy

Eevee in active attach water energy evolve into Glaceon GX t1 so opponent can't tapu lele.

Please put recommendations for the deck and questions in the comments below.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:

chef_penguin

Aspiring Trainer
I really don't think the Alolan Ninetales Line and Tapu Koko need to be in here. Since the goal of Glaceon decks is to lock down abilities ASAP by having Glaceon active, trying to use these other Pokémon will leave you very vulnerable. Glaceon does best with bench sitters such as Decidueye or Zoroark (which is probably the best variant). Cutting these other mons will open up key deck spots for staples such as VS Seeker (which is in pretty much every Expanded deck) and the highly useful 4-4 Zoroark line.

Good luck tho! I've liked Glaceon ever since it was revealed and I still think it has a lot of potential.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
IMO, the "fcous" of your deck is a bit too "broad." I've found from my experience that when you keep your deck "focused", it is more effective. I've also buit and ran a Glaceon-Ninetales deck (Standard) and that deck is really solid.

In your deck's case, it appears you plan to capitalize upon a "damage spread" strategy with Zoroark GX as an secondary attacker and supplemental card-draw support. I'd suggest having the deck "core" consisting of:

4 Eevee (Energy Evolution)
3 Glaceon GX
3 Zorua
2 Zoroark GX
1 Zoroark (Stand In) - fantastic, non-EX/GX attacker whose Ability allows you to "rush into" the Active position (which can be very helpful to get your wounded/unwanted Pokémon back to your bench)
2 Tapu Koko (Flying Flip)
2 Tapu Lele GX / Shaymin EX

There are now only 17 total Pokémon comprised of 11 Basic (good number to minimize game-starting muligan opportunities) and 7 Evolutions. And of these Basic Poké, 9 are "good" starting Pokémon.

All the other Pokémon, in your list, are just "low priority" techs and/or "nice-to -haves", IMO. For example, Manaphy EX is just a "bench wamer" providing your Pokémon free retreat support. However, it is also a HUGE 1HKO, 2-prize target too given its "low" HP. Zoroak, on the other hand, can also facilitate a different type of free retreat capability; but, it is also a formidable attacker too and is only 1 prize. Further, Volcanion Prism Star is not an "ideal" attacker requiring WWW for its sole attack; and its Ability does not allow you to control which Pokémon your opponent promotes to the Active position.

For Trainers, the "core" cards of this group should consist of your card-draw and consistent, efficient deck operaions support. I consider the following cards to be "critical" in this regard:

2 Brigette
1 Colress
1 Computer Search / Dowsing Machine
4 Cynthia
2 Evosoda
3 Guzma / Lysandre
2 N
3 Ultra Ball
4 VS seeker

After these 22 Trainers, other cards to be "strongly" considered are:

2 Field Blower / Startling Megaphone
2 Float Stone (for Zoroark)
2 Rough Seas / Sky Field
1 Super Rod

Note 1: I do not consider Aqua Patch to be critical for 2 reasons: 1. not all of your benched attackers are W Pokémon; and, 2. Glaceon GX attacks' energy requirements consist of just WCC.

Note 2: Since in most cases, you'll need to 2+ HKO opponents' Pokémon, Choice Bands or Bodybuilding Dumbbels are not considered that helpful.

Note 3: You might want to consider incorporating (-1 W) either a Special Charge to recover your Double Colorless energy or an Oranguru (Resource Management) to recover any discarded resources.

I hope you find these comments helpful.