Discussion Glaceon GX

UmConner

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone had any success lately testing with a Glaceon variant? I feel like freezing gaze is a great ability in the current meta against the likes of Zoroark, Alolan Ninetales, Tapu Lele, etc. I know a Glaceon/Greninja deck did well (24th) at Harrogate, but I can't find a current list.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
I took Glaceon/Greninja to a league challenge last week thinking the same thing as you. Deck struggled without the turn one freezing gaze and I got unlucky, starting lele 4 out of 8 games and playing Granbull (but at least didn't go 0-2 against it). Overall, the deck felt pretty good against Zoro/Deci/Tails, but that believe may be based on my lack familiarity with the matchup outside of the handful of games I played against the deck.

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
I currently play a Glaceon Zoroark list and have had good success the only problem I find is when you don't start eevee other than that I find most matchups are good other than metal decks

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I currently play a Glaceon Zoroark list and have had good success the only problem I find is when you don't start eevee other than that I find most matchups are good other than metal decks
Have you tried playing Weakness Policy? I’m sure you have, just checking...
And now that Gardy and Alolan Ninetales showed up, you’re gonna be in big trouble too...

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
Have you tried playing Weakness Policy? I’m sure you have, just checking...
And now that Gardy and Alolan Ninetales showed up, you’re gonna be in big trouble too...
I realized that after I went to a tournament and 2 solgaleo decks were there I went up against both of them and lost to 1 and tied the other so I believe that weakness policy is needed for Glaceon in this format

UmConner

Aspiring Trainer
Hey they finally put it up! What do y’all think of that list? It looks kinda odd to me with the low supporter count and lots of 1 of’s