• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon GX/Ninetales with a twist!

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
I've been thinking about dabbling in the first turn ability lock of the new Glaceon GX for a while, but when I saw the Arceus Prism Star the other day, I had an idea that would work for any water deck, but I felt that it would work best in Glaceon/Ninetales as it seems to be the upcoming BDIF (in the way of water types anyway) and couldn't resist drafting up a list. I'll explain everything because some things may seem a little strange, but I'm fairly confident in this list.

4 Eevee SUM
4 Glaceon GX ULP
3 Alolan Vulpix GRI
2 Alolan Ninetales GX
1 Arceus☆ FLI(Forbidden Light)
1 Joltik STS
1 Galvantula STS
2 Tapu Lele GX GRI

4 Ultra Ball SUM
4 Aqua Patch GRI
2 Float Stone BKT
2 Choice Band GRI
1 Field Blower GRI
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI

4 Cynthia ULP
2 N FC
2 Professor Sycamore BKP
2 Guzma BUS
2 Wally GEN
2 Brigette BUT
1 Gladion CRI
1 Cyrus☆ ULP

8 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Translations:

Glaceon GX is already avaliable to view in English.

Arceus: (HP is as of yet uncertain, but my educated guess is 160, as all the other prism star Pokemon had 160)

Ability: Prevent all effects of attacks, except damage done to this Pokemon.

Attack: This can only be used if you have a Grass, Water and Lightning Pokemon in play. 30 damage, and search your deck for 3 basic energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

Cynthia: Shuffle Draw 6.

Cyrus: This can only be used if your active Pokemon is Water or Metal type. Your opponent chooses 2 of their benched Pokemon. They then shuffle their other benched Pokemon back into their deck.

So, here are the reasons for all the non-meta cards I've decided to include:

Joltik & Galvantula:

Galvantula is a Grass and Lightning type Pokemon, and since we're playing a water deck, that means we can have Grass, Water and Lightning on the bench thanks to Galvantula, enabling Arceus to use his energy search attack (can't remember it's name) and getting 3 basic water on the board. The attack isn't actually too bad as well, for a single colorless you can do 30 damage to 2 of any of your opponents pokemon whilst specifically also applying weakness and resistance to the bench. If you start with Arceus, you'll want to use his attack as soon as possible, which means getting Galvantula onto the board ASAP. That is where Wally comes in.

Wally:

Wally is really helpful in this deck. Let's say that you start Eevee, but you don't have a water energy in hand to evolve it. Instead of trying to dig for one, you could simply use Wally on your first turn (this does mean sacrificing your Brigette however) and go straight into Glaceon to guarantee Lele lock. Also, if you start Arceus with Alolan Vulpix and Joltik on your bench, you can use Wally to get Galvantula out so you can start your energy acceleration.

Gladion:

Gladion is there to get a Joltik or Galvantula out of your prizes, which is important as we only play a 1-1 line. We also play 2 prism star cards which you can only play 1 of, so we can fish them out of the prizes if we need to. Otherwise feel free to drop it.

Other points of interest:

1 Field Blower:

I only seem to use the blower to get rid of Garbodor, but we plan to ability lock and don't rely on ours too much anyway, so 1 is enough in case the opponent tries a Parallel City. I would play Delinquent to counter this, but it is too inconsistent and uses your supporter for the turn, plus Field Blower is more versatile.

Cyrus:

Playing Cyrus might seem a bad idea as the opponent can utilize it to heal their damaged benched Pokemon, but it is a good way to whittle down their bench and set them back a bit. Not a necessity, but a nice idea nonetheless.

Thanks for looking at my new list, I had a lot of fun coming up with it and would be glad to hear of any changes you might make.

Last edited:
Cool idea.

I think that the Arceus and the Galavantula is interesting but I think that using tapu koko promos's and a shining celeby could be better for the arceus could help more with setup.

Changes:

-1 Joltic
-1 Galavantula

+1 tapu koko promo
+1 Shining celeby

Hope i helped :)

I was thinking koko and leafeon gx in the beginning, but galvantula only takes up 1 bench space, and I'd rather have more bench space whilst reducing lycanroc and silvally damage than koko and celebi. They are very good techs and I will try both strategies, but I think galvantula has the edge because of its dual typing. Thanks for the idea though!

Definitely no Galvantula, it's not nessecary, especially w/Alolan Ninetales GX in the deck already.

Hope this helps :)
- AFEX

Galvantula isn't there as an attacker. The only reason it's in there is so Arceus can use his attack, because he can't attack if you don't have Water, Grass and Electric Pokemon on the bench. You could drop both Galvantula and Arceus, but I think it's merely a fun little idea that I'll remove if it doesn't work in testing.

Back