Discussion Giratina EX

How much of an effect will hex maniac have on the meta? Does this card make safeguard and aegislash decks redundant?

How much of an effect will hex maniac have on the meta? Does this card make safeguard and aegislash decks redundant?

It will definitely be a solid counter to those decks, but it does mean that you lose your draw/search supporter for the turn. I imagine dedicated Aegislash decks might take a bit of a hit, but I doubt it'll affect the viability of Aegislash as a tech or counter- he's still great for stalling in the opening turns.

It will definitely be a solid counter to those decks, but it does mean that you lose your draw/search supporter for the turn. I imagine dedicated Aegislash decks might take a bit of a hit, but I doubt it'll affect the viability of Aegislash as a tech or counter- he's still great for stalling in the opening turns.
I see what you mean, but im still quite worried about the viability of those decks. I guess it just makes groudon, m ray and other high damage decks even more unstoppable.

How about this for Giratina, with bronzong, aegislash, vileplume, giant plant forrest? Could that work?

I see what you mean, but im still quite worried about the viability of those decks. I guess it just makes groudon, m ray and other high damage decks even more unstoppable.

How about this for Giratina, with bronzong, aegislash, vileplume, giant plant forrest? Could that work?
That would probably be too clunky since you would have to run at least a 3-1-3 Vileplume line and a 3-2 Bronzong line.
I can see Aigeslash as a tech for the mirror match though.

Vileplume is a great card, but I don't think Vileplume decks need Girantina EX.
(Maybe 1 or 2 as a tech?)

Personally, I'm super happy and hoping this card sees lots of use, just so fairy decks can come back.

Oh, right. But I mean. Isn't your deck going to prevent them from doing practically anything, and so winning a stadium war will be the least of your opponent's concerns?
Well the stadium war is still really important. For example, you play Groudon. They can't use Scorched Earth to draw cards. In this example it doesn't matter that there's no Stadium for Groudon to discard because it one shots Eggs anyway.

Back