• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

GiraEon (MD-on) (Masters, Nationals 2011)

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
4-3-1 Glaceon lv.X (UD#48****-RR**-MD*)
0-1 Espeon MD
0-1 Umbreon UD
2-2 Giratina lv.X (PL#9*, Promo **)
1-1 Drifblim UD
2 Uxie LA
2 Froslass GL
1 Azelf LA *

= 21 Pokemon

4 Judge
4 Level MAX ****
2 Twins
3 Seeker *
2 Expert Belt
3 Collector
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Palmer's Contribution **
1 Luxury
3 Switch ***
1 Cynthia's Feelings

= 27 T/S/S

4 DCE ***
3 Rainbow
5 Water

= 12 Energy

Strategy:

Lock-down with disruption.
Glaceon lv.X stops powers, Giratina stops attacks if they dont discard and Glaceon's attack paralyzes if they dont discard. Drifblim for tanks+DCE, and Froslass for Vileplume. Umbreon for other Pokemon with Bodies/Powers.

Also, with Expert Belt, Espeon MD and Glaceon RR's power: Glaceon have 150HP and may endure alot of hits.

(ALSO, if there are a star next to a card, I need it. If you have it, CML, and PM me with what you have and you want. ALSO, count the stars, a star means I need one copy, several stars means I need several card. Ex. 3 stars means I need 3 copies.)

Interesting idea. I've always been a fan of Giratina X. Here are some suggestions:

-Don't run Switch, use Warp Point instead. It does what Switch does, and provides some (lesser, although useful) disruption. 2 Warps should be fine, so that's -1 here.

-I see what you plan on doing with Level MAX, since Giratina has such a hefty retreat. I'm not a fan of Level MAX, but Giratina kinda needs it. However, you could try using Giratina PL#27 instead; it lacks the hand disruption effect that #9 has, but its a considerably better starter (if it happens to be your lone basic) and it can switch out with its own attack. For example, you could Warp Point, bring out Gira, level up, Strafe out and send in Glaceon X, so that you still lock their Powers and get Gira X out without using Level MAX. I highly suggest trying this out; if you can effectively bring out Gira X this way, you could free 4 spots of your deck (1 or 2 of which you could switch for Premier Balls, for example).

-Finally, you certainly don't need 2 Palmer's (especially if you decide on running Premier Ball), so we get another -1. Add 2 Bebe's Search for consistency, and if you remove the Level MAXes, add a couple more.

I hope this helps! :)

Back