Getting Back Into Pokemon TCG - Inexpensive Decks

arulz

THE SEEKER
Hello all! As a massive Pokemon fan (with a living Pokedex sitting on the bank right now :p) and a huge fan of the card game, TCG has been hugely fun for me. I stopped playing around a year ago, and I want to get back in now.

I have most of the staples from Plasma Storm and previous sets, but almost nothing newer. I'm looking for the most inexpensive deck I can find that's somewhat viable. I've used everything from Big Basics (mewtwo and landorus), Blastoise-Keldeo, Empoleon, to the more niche Weavile exeggcute, so I'm no stranger to more unique or hard to master decks. Suggestions anyone?

In addition, I think this thread will be helpful for a lot of people considering getting back in and feeling overwhelmed by the amount of new cards in the format =)

TLDR: Looking for usable, semi-inexpensive deck ideas for the new format.

If you have a lot of Plasma stuff, then Flareon would be an interesting and high-tier deck option. Donphan and Nightmarch are also fairly inexpensive.If you have Landorus, you could even try LandoBats.

As far as cheap Tier-One decks go, I'm pretty sure Night March is your best bet. The most expensive crds are the staple trainers that you'll need in any deck. It focuses around getting a lot of Pokemon with Night March in the discard pile and then attacking with Mex EX or Joltik for big damage quickly. It really struggles against Seismitoad though, but it has great success against other decks. Here's a basic list:

17 Pokemon
3 Mew EX FA
4 Lampent
4 Pumpkaboo
4 Joltik
1 Mr. Mime
1 Jirachi EX

39 Trainers
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Battle Compressor
4 Dimension Valley
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
1 Teammates
2 Lysandre
4 Bicycle
4 Acro Bike
3 Muscle Band
1 Computer Search

4 Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Very basic off the top of my head and built for speed. Enjoy!

Back