BW/BW2 Get your in-game teams rated!

RE: In-game Team Rates

^i would definately change out gastrodon for either gyarados or milotic
and for the sixth, i would suggest using weavile

Ok, I decided to go with Weavile. Any recommended moveset for gyarados?

And for electric type should I go for a Magnezone of Electivire?

^i would suggest magnezone, but thats just me
and for gyarados: waterfall and surf to get around, aqua tail, and bounce. thats only my suggestion, make your own choice

If you want higher ATK go electrivire also this pokemon gains speed if hit by electric
If you want high DEF and SP ATK go magnezone (But the rest of his stats are quite bad)

I would use Electivire for an ingame team, definitely with Gyarados. For Gyarados just an Offensive Dragon Dance set should work fine.

My new team:

empoleon.png

Lv. 43
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Surf

lopunny.png

lv. 41
Dizzy Punch
Return
Toxic
Drain Punch

weavile.png

lv. 41
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Slash (considering changing to X-Scissor)

staraptor.png

lv. 42
Fly
Close Combat
Double Team
Take Down (may change to Return)

alakazam.png

lv. 43
Psychic
Psybeam
Grass Knot
Focus Blast

6th Party Member is open to suggestions.

my suggestion: either magmortar or magnezone/electivire. i think that you should just not use the playboy bunny anymore

^Lopunny is awesome. Don't deny it.

I would use a Magnezone, but then 4 members of my team would be weak to Fighting. Not very fun.
I can't trade to get Magmortar or Electivire, so that stinks :/
I am thinking of Medicham, which would give me good type coverage.

I also don't know if I should switch Psybeam on Alakazam for Charge Beam.

^medicham sounds good, if you want a less fragile mon with the same typing, get gallade, thats what i did for platinum
and yes, you should switch charge beam for psybeam and get rid of lopunny for something useful, but its your choice

and change x-scissor for slash, normal type moves have no strengths and i think x-s is stronger

here is my black rose team:

Ani359MS.png
Ani407MS.png
Ani430MS.png
Ani045MS.png
Ani284MS.png
Ani402MS.png

Spr_3r_359.png

Sucker Punch
Swords Dance
Perish Song
Psycho Cut
item: Life Orb

407.png

Weather Ball
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Sythesis
item: Black Sludge

Spr_4h_045_f.png

Petal Dance
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Moonlight
item: Miracle Seed

Spr_4p_430.png

Brave Bird
Heat Wave
Sucker Punch
Sky Attack
item: Life Orb

284.png

Ice Beam
Agility
Water Pulse
Energy Ball
item: Wise Glasses

Spr_4p_402_f.png

Fury Cutter
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Sing
item: Metronome

Replace your Roserade and Kriketune for a a Steel and Fire type. It covers your overall team weakness and every team needs a balance of types.

change sky attack for dark pulse on honchkrow, and get rid of the masquerain and kricketune. theres a reason they are NU: they suck. i wouold suggest something that can take out the infernape that will destroy your entire team in 6 moves...something like starmie and either a ground or a flying type.
i know you have a theme going on, but thats the reason you will get all your mons OHKO''d by a yanmega. never use more than two pokemon of the same type, thats the best advice i can give you. i guarantee your opponent will have something along the lines of a togekiss that you will only be able to hit by absol, then it will be OHKO'd by aura sphere...do keep honchkrow and roserade, maybe absol but drop the rest

Here is the team I used to beat Platinum:

garchomp.png

Chomp (Garchomp) lv 100 @ Muscle Band

Sand Veil

Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang
Crunch

This beast rips through most Pokemon that aren't prepared with Earthquake. He evolved just before Volkner, so I owned him rather well. He has Crunch to deal with Psychic types that try and take advantage of his low(ish) Sp.D. Dragon Claw over Dragon Ruch because accuracy matters in-game. Fire Famg for the Ice types that try and hit him for 4x SE

gallade.jpg

Blade (Gallade) lv 100 @ Razor Claw

Steadfast

Leaf Blade
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Close Combat

This guy beats Medicham any day. I ran Shadow Claw over Night Slash for a while, but I like Night Slash more. He's not fast, but he spams the hell outta critical hits with Razor Claw. He can take three Shadow balls from Alakazam and two from Gengar, then OHKO them with Night Slash (Alakazam) or Psycho Cut (Gengar). I evolved him before Wake, because I found a Dawn Stone in that muddy place West of Pastoria. Leaf Blade kicked butt.

Staraptor.png

Raptor (Staraptor) @ Sky Plate

Intimidate

Fly
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Steel Wing

I needed a flying Pokemon, so I chose Staraptor over Crobat. Sky Plate allows it to deal massive damage with Brave Bird. Steel Wing and Close Combat are for Rock and Ice types that get in my way. Intimidate helped me to cut Cynthia's Garchomp's attack so that Empoleon could survive an Earthquake and Ice Beam it. U-turn wouldn't be too bad on this set.

Empoleon1.jpg

Pinguin (Empoleon) @ Wise Glasses

Torrent

Surf
Hydro Pump
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam

This thing is so hard to kill. It survives just about any SE move, unless it's STAB, and reteliates with Surf for its own STAB. This guy ran rings around Roark, Byron, Bertha, and Flint. He's been invaluable throughout the game, and was my only way to guarantee an OHKO on Cynthia's Garchomp until my own Garchomp outsped it.

Rapidash-fire-type-pokemon-7161163-180-180.gif

Rapid (Rapidash) @ Expert Belt

Flash Fire

Flare Blitz
MegaHorn
Bounce
Poison Jab

The most fun way to sweep Lucian. MegaHorn Mr. Mime, Alakazam, and Espeon. Bounce Gallade. Flare Blitz Bronzong. He's there for that, mainly. He's fast and sweeps Psychics like you wouldn't believe. Expert Belt is for added win.

alakazam.gif

Syke (Alakazam) @ Lum Berry

Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Psychic

In reality, the only things this has to worry about are Spiritomb, Sableye, Stunky, and Stuntank. Everything else it hits for SE or STAB Psychic. Out of my 14 lv 100s, this is the fastest. Lum Berry is his BT item that suits him just as well out of there.

This lot did very well for me ingame, and I had all the necessary pre-evos before the 3rd gym.

[/align]Dis is mai FrostComp Team (I has over 20 teams on Platinum)

1. Spectre (Froslass)
Lv.90
Item: Lax Incense
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves:
Ice Shard
Hail
Blizzard
Destiny Bond

Froslass is my header, and meant to just use Hail and Destiny Bond. Keeping it out for 5 turns, and then using Destiny Bond, maybe an Ice Shard or too, it's not especially a fighter. Using Hail with Snow Cloak also gives Froslass more speed, something of which it doesn't have much of.

2. Error.exe (Porygon-Z)
Lv.86
Item: Chople Berry
Ability: Download
Moves:
Tri Attack
Magic Coat
Zap Cannon
Hyper Beam

Porygon-Z has a reletively high Sp.Atk, and I changed it's moves to suit it that way. Chople Berry combined with a good Defense stat makes sure Fighting Attacks aren't OHKO's, and Zap Cannon is just an all-around move doing a lot of damage.

3. Zipline (Banette)
Lv.84
Item: Spooky Plate
Ability: Insomnia
Moves:
Embargo
Snatch
Grudge
Trick

I use Banette just like an Umbreon; it doesn't have good stats, just used to annoy my opponent. Useful in Double Battles when I'm trying to set up Froslass's Hail, then switch out to another Pokemon or just use Trick to get a better item from my opponent (usually a Focus Band).

4. Deserter (Flygon)
Lv.84
Item: Dragon Fang
Ability: Levitate
Moves:
Screech
Dragon Claw
Sandstorm
Hyper Beam

I use Flygon along with Froslass in Double Battles to either get Sandstorm or Hail out, then switch them out. Dragon Claw's Power is increased by the Dragon Fang. I usually use Sandstorm and then Screech, then use Dragon Claw. Hyper Beam is mostly as a last resort.

5. Epileaf (Victreebel)
Lv.72
Item: Rose Incense
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves:
Sweet Scent
Razor Leaf
Leaf Storm
Leaf Blade

Victreebel has an EXTREMELY low Sp.Def stat, so I rarely use him. Mostly as a last resort, but I bring him out and immediately use Sweet Scent, then just hack away with Leaf Blade and Razor Leaf.

6. Ampharos
Lv.81
No Item :(
Ability: Static (gotta love it!)
Moves:
Signal Beam
Light Screen
Power Gem
Thunder

Static is definately the reason I like Ampharos. I usually bring him out against Pokemon with physical attacks. High Sp.Atk really helps out Thunder's already-high power, and Light Screen is sort of a distraction, as Ampharos doesn't have the best Sp.Def.

So.... rate and comment! :D

I'm trying to beat the E4 with this team in Platnium but it keeps on failing, either it's me with tatics or me with bad move choices.

Infernape @ Flame Plate
Lv. 59
Ability- Blaze
Nature- Impish

HP- 171
Atk- 148
Def- 124
Ap. Atk- 125
Sp. Def- 158

Move Set
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-Flare Biltz
-Flame Wheel

Gardevoir @ Meadow Plate
Lv. 55
Ability- Synchronize
Nature- Bold

HP- 149
Atk- 93
Def- 106
Sp. Atk- 159
Sp. Def- 133
Speed- 117

Move Set
Confusion
Magical Leaf
Psychic
Captivate

Mamoswine @ Icicle Plate
Lv. 54
Ability- Oblivious
Nature- Lax

HP- 199
Atk- 171
Def- 135
Sp. Atk- 94
Sp. Def- 68
Speed- 103

Move Set
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Ancient Power

Luxray @ Dread Plate
Lv. 54
Ability- Intimidate
Nature- Sassy

HP- 172
Atk- 152
Def- 109
Sp. Atk- 123
Sp. Def- 107
Speed- 97

Move Set
Bite
Crunch
Thunder Fang
Scary Face

Haunter @ Exp. Share
Lv. 56
Ability- Levitate
Nature- Bold

HP- 83
Atk- 83
Def- 97
Sp. Atk- 141
Sp. Def- 70
Speed 123

Move set
Dream Eater
Hypnosis
Dark Pulse
Nightmare

Tobi @ None
Lv. 47
Ability- Serene Grace
Nature- Bold

HP- 142
Atk- 54
Def- 114
Sp. Atk- 131
Ap. Def- 122
Speed- 90

Move Set
Yawn
Wish
Metronome
Fly

Please help me improve my team *bows*

For Infernape I'd recommend the following: CC, Fire Blast, Stone Edge and move of your choice. That was the one I used in my last Platinum playthrough.

Back