Genuine Alternative to Tropical Beach?

Jorgie

Aspiring Trainer
So I just had a peak through some online stores and e-bay, etc to try and find prices for Tropical Beaches. They are ridiculously expensive!! What in your eyes is a genuine alternative to Tropical Beaches drawing power?

I cannot think of anything that can match up to it, can you?

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
to be honest, there isn't really a Genuine Alternative to Beach, if you want that kind of raw draw power your gonna have to pay or play for it. some suggestions, would be Battle City (Not recommended because of flip) or Tornadus EX PLF and use windfall to refresh your hand every turn. there is Tropious PLB refills your hand to 6 and does 10 damage.

Thats the only format legal cards I can think of of the top of my head.

Jorgie

Aspiring Trainer
Tropius seems like an OKAY alternative, I mean it only takes one energy (more importantly one prize) and I guess you could use it as a tech for Keldeo...

ImBlue

Aspiring Trainer
Not to mention despite that price they're sold out on Amazon and Troll and Toad!

Jorgie

Aspiring Trainer
Outrageous eh... Some people have far to much money!

I'm assuming we have to use English copies of the card?

Gusto83

Aspiring Trainer
Jorgie said:

Hmm? I looked into how much Tropical Beach was and on ebay i found some around 30 in USD. That's actually not that bad. :) And biding is ok too,starting at 1 USD. Compared to Toll and troll witch is 169 USD.

Blui

lv85 paladin
Gusto83 said:
Jorgie said:

Hmm? I looked into how much Tropical Beach was and on ebay i found some around 30 in USD. That's actually not that bad. :) And biding is ok too,starting at 1 USD. Compared to Toll and troll witch is 169 USD.

$30 is sooooo low for any worlds promo, let alone Beach. Beach is easily going for 160+ anywhere, including a certain group that's known for being VERY cheap.

But alas, there is no real alternative to Beach. It's too good, however, there are plenty of good decks that don't need it and you can always use proxies of it for league & what not.

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
If its 30 dollars then it is in another language, which the USA is not allowed to use anyways (which is why the price is different).

Blah

DBT
Read the descriptions on eBay. The ones selling for 30$ are the code cards for PTCGO.

Anyway, as has been said, there is no alternative. If you're using a deck that needs it, then you need to have it. For some unknown reason, the price has skyrocketed to exorbitantly high amounts after worlds was over. It's unfortunate, but if you can't afford it, you just have to play a deck that doesn't use it.

Gusto83

Aspiring Trainer
Blah said:
Read the descriptions on eBay. The ones selling for 30$ are the code cards for PTCGO.

Anyway, as has been said, there is no alternative. If you're using a deck that needs it, then you need to have it. For some unknown reason, the price has skyrocketed to exorbitantly high amounts after worlds was over. It's unfortunate, but if you can't afford it, you just have to play a deck that doesn't use it.

LOL! So that's what PTCGO means.*silly me* :p Thought it was a type of promo code for the card on ebay. I over looked it. Now looking back,yeah,its for the online game.

The Fallen One

COWER, MORTALS
There's no "true" replacement for Tropical Beach, but there are card that can give you a cheaper (and perhaps not nearly as good) alternative to certain functions of the card. For example, if you just want a good counter stadium in your deck you can use Skyarrow Bridge or Pokemon Center. The latter is more useful in decks that have issues with Darkrai.

For draw power of course there aren't any other stadiums that help (other than Battle City...which you really shouldn't use). However, there are pokemon that can help add draw power. I'd say Tornadus EX PLF and Tropius PLB are two of your better options in that regard. Refreshing your hand is never a bad idea, and if you dump a lot of cards...Return isn't that bad of an attack in the opening turns of the game.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
The reason it's so expensive is because there's no genuine alternative. Trust tpci to release a card only to the people who need it to do well the least :p

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I like Tropius quite a bit because it acts as a nice counter to Keldeo. There isn't an alternative, but if you're that worried about hand refreshment, you'll have to play Tropius or Tornadus-EX.

Daenordus

Heya! Wie geht's?
There isn't exactly an alternative to beaches, but you could always max out Bianca in your deck. Easy hand refresh.
Then again, you could max out juniper and just discard energy, and then use energy retrieval, but that's not the best way either. Reason is you need that to attack.
Personally, I run Tropius.