• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gengar Prime LV.X (MD-On) (BR Seniors)

Umbreon1997

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
16 Pokemon
2-2-2-2 Gengar Prime LV.X
1-1 Darkrai Cresselia LEGEND
3-3 Umbreon Prime

22 T/S/S
x4 Rare Candy
x4 Pokemon Communication
x2 Judge
x4 Bill
x4 Switch
x4 PONT

22 Energies
12 Darkness Energies
8 Psychic Energies
2 DCE

Strategy
Use Gengar Prime to spread damage counters, use Gengar LV.X's Compound Pain to get awesome amount of prizes. Use Darkrai and Cresselia Legend to load all opponent's Pokemon with damage counters (and kill Garchomp! ;)). Use Dialga G LV.X to keep out trainer lock.

RE: Gengar Prime LV.X (MD-On)

No offense but this deck has a long way to go. I'm just going to make straight changes for now(i.e draw power cards for better draw power cards) and then depending on what else you want to do, i can assist your further.
First off, Gengar is your main d00d, so you'll want a lot of him
4-3-3-1 Gengar Lv. X

Next off, i've yet to see a deck that NEEDS 4 Judge. Drop 2 of them for 2 Professor Oak's Theory
-2 Judge, + 2 Professor Oak's Theory
Professor Oak's Theory, or PONT as it's written short-hand, gives you 2 more cards to refresh your hand with. There's no need to run 4 Judge because Judge does nothing to harm your opponent late game, and you'll want the extra cards.
Also, replace your 4 Bill with 4 Professor Oak's Visit. Bill only allows you to draw 2. POV allows you to draw 3, and put a useless card that's just clogging up your hand under your deck.
-4 Bill, + 4 POV

2-2 DCL......don't know much about legends besides how to use them....IMO they're too clunky so do what you want with them. Dialga G and Umbreon Prime are fine the way they are.

Wayyyy too much energy. Gengar Lv. X attacks for only 3. You probably only need around 8 Psychic energies. Not sure what Gengar Prime's attacks are, since you didn't provide a scan and i'm too lazy to check.
DCL runs on 2 Dark, and a DCE. Yet you have no DCE in the deck....
Here's what you should do with the energy
-2 {P}, + 2SP{D}
-8 Darkness Energy, + 2SP{D} Energy, 4 {C}{C} energy, and fill in the rest with more T/S/S.
Hope I've helped!

Hey, don't worry about it bro, I'm a noob right now in TCG, I just started playing correctly a few months ago, and this is just my third deck.

The reason I have DCL is because it lets you move all damage counters around in the game for one Psychic energy. The reason I have so much energy is because one of the attacks on DCL puts two Darkness energy in the Lost Zone, but I won't be needing a 100 damage attack too often, so I think I'll drop one DCL and add two PONT cards to the equation.

I disagree with adding more Gengar, as I like the way it is.

I will drop two Judge cards, because I do agree with you considering I won't need to drop my hand and my opponent's four times in one game since I'll probably be getting prizes via Compound Pain and moving damage counters, I'll place two more PONT in there.

I do in fact need DCE, so I'll add two and drop two Psychic energy.

You're going to need the Division and the Event you plan on playing this for in the Title. Thanks.

dmaster out.

I need some more help before I start to build deck! I have Umbreon Prime and Gengar X is on its way to me.

maybe add 1 umbreon UD just as a counter since you already have eevee and dark energies it could only do you good

Back