• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gengar & Mimikyu Trash Heap

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
I am have been attempting to create a non-competitive, fun deck to play using the new Alolan Muk alongside Grabador, but the deck truly is trash. While it's never going to be great, it would be nice to pull off a few wins, lol. Any help making it somewhat playable, as right now its junk!!!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 3 Alolan Muk TEU 84
* 3 Alolan Grimer SUM 57
* 4 Gengar & Mimikyu-GX TEU 164
* 3 Trubbish GRI 50
* 3 Garbodor GRI 51

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Erika’s Hospitality TEU 140
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
* 4 Super Scoop Up BUS 124
* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123

##Energy - 8

* 8 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

My idea was to use Gengar & Mimikyu to troll players into getting rid of item cards, while not laying down any trubbish until there is enough in the discard pile. The new muk was to accelerate items going into the discard. After looking at the decks on limitless most of them are heavy with item cards, but when I play muk online I am lucky to get one item in the discard. It's painful. Any help on making this 'fun' deck fun to play instead of downright frustrating?

AntiYouJD

Mill Enthusiast
I believe this deck would function better either without Gengar & Mimikyu GX or without A-Muk, since they don't work well together; Muk discards the item that you want your opponent to have in their hand when attacking with G&M, and all the cards you dedicate to re-using Muk reduce the deck's consistency, thus prevent you from including cards that would add cards to your opponent's hand and increase G&M's damage.
A couple of minor complaints:
  • Why aren't you using Ultra Ball? It's better than Timer Ball for this deck.
  • A Marshadow-GX would go a long way against Zoroark-GX and other Dark-types.
  • Consider adding a Lillie or two.
  • 3 Super Scoop Up should be plenty.
I hope this was helpful. If you end up removing G&M, there are a couple of lists on this forum for you to check out.