• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gengar EX / Golurk

Mortal_Zachary

I am... Durant-Man!
Pokemon: 16

• 3 Gengar EX
    2-2 Golurk
    2 Sigilyph
    3-3 Trevenant
    1 Zekrom
    1 Reshiram
    1 Kyurem
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34

• 4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    2 Colress
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    3 Dimension Valley
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Float Stone
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Robo Substitute
    2 Head Ringer
    2 Startling Megaphone
    1 Dowsing Machine
Energy: 10

• 6 Psychic Energy
    2 Mystery Energy
    2 DCE
Strategy:

The strategy of this deck is to use Gengar to switch into either Sigi or Trevenant to cause a lock on their next turn. Sounds pretty cliche for a Gengar deck, right? But then there is the addition of Golurk from DRX/BRC (SR) to put the highest evolved Pokemon back into there hand. Which means if they have a Pyroar, it will go back to the players hand and if there is a muscle band on the Golurk, the litleo will be knocked out. If there is a mega or Primal Pokemon out, that too will go back into the player's hand. The Zekrom/Reshiram is in the deck to counter Yveltal/Virizion.

Other Cards to consider for this deck are:
Weakness Policy
Virbank City Gym
Wobbuffet (PHF)

If you guys have any thoughts or helpful comments please comment!

Before I talk about what I think you should change, I want to say that this is a good idea and with some improvement could be amazing!

Anyhow, this is what I think you should change:

Pokemon: Not many problems here. However, I would switch out 1-1 Golurk for 1-1 Trevenant because you won't always use Golurk in battle. Also I would run 1 Reshiram and Zekrom. If you can, I would also try to add Kyurem or Kyurem EX.

Trainers: First of all, I would get rid of 1 or 2 Colress as you already have enough draw support. Also, I would get rid of 1 Lysandre and 1 Head Ringer. This makes space for 3 VS Seeker which let's you reuse any supporter you need. Another thing would be to switch the left over Head Ringers for Startling Megaphone and / or Float Stone.Finally, I would switch all the Dimension Valleys for Virbank City Gyms and 1 Muscle Band for a Silver Bangle to use with your Golurks and Outragers.

Energy: As long as you have 4 DCE and 6 Psychic/Mystery Energy I'm pretty sure it will be fine.

Suggestions:
Tool Retriever will help you get back tools.
Startling Megaphone will get rid of your opponents tools.

Also, Startling Megaphone and Xerosic + Golurk Vs Primal/Mega would make them end their turn to Mega Evolve

By removing Spirit Link

Ndless said:
Do the Robo Substitutes add anything to the deck?

They are usually used in Gengar Decks and Donphan Decks to take hits from unblockable Pokemon, since they do not give up a prize when killed. They are also very useful for activating Teammates.

Speaking of Teammates, OP, why don't you replace a Skyla with a copy of Teammates. A double search in a deck where Robo Subs are available can be incredibly powerful.

The thing I like about Dimension Valley is that I can attack with Golurk, Sigi, Gengar for only 2 energies. Other then that I will try out your suggestions! @ SlimyWafflez

Thank you. Also, I guess you could use dimension valley but you can just attach a DCE and Psychic Energy to attack with Gengar, Sigilyph, and Golurk Turn 2 and use Virbank to speed up the game exponentially.(That's one of the reasons I recomended DCE x 4) But I guess choosing Dimension Valley over Virbank City Gym is your choice so yeah. Glad to be of help! Also I'm probably going to make my own variant just because of how cool this idea is...

I think gollurk is a smart idea. Heck, if they don't have a spirit link on a mega, that's a whole turn they have to use up to mega evolve again.

Even there is a Spirit Link, you can use the Starling Megaphone to discard them and force a turn.

Nice deck idea btw.

Back