• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gengar BKT/Latios SLG (BKT-CRI)

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, this is a really cool deck I thought of. My list is as follows:
*THIS LIST REFLECTS ALL RECENT DISCUSSION UNTIL 16:45 GMT, 10TH NOVEMBER 2017*
Pokemon:19
4 Gastly BKT
3 Haunter BKT
3 Gengar BKT
3 Latios SLG
2 Tapu Koko PR
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Espeon EX
1 Oranguru SUM

Trainers:28

4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzma
1 Brigette

4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Max Elixir
2 Evosoda
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod

3 Po Town

Energy:13

9 Psychic Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

This plays very similarly to the Tapu Koko/Gengar BKT decks, only Latios is better as it lets you put the 30 damage on the Active and 30 on the Benched, which sets up 2 KOs for Creep Show, and 2 hits on the Active sets up an Espeon EX to devolve into a Basic and get the KO against a Stage 2 deck. Please give suggestions for how to improve this list!

Last edited:
Po town with a stage 2 in your deck and no rare candy sets you up for getting hit by Espeon EX as well. Doesn't leave Gengar with any health. I really like this deck though.

Right, OK, so what do I do about this? Add in Rare Candy? Take out Po Town? (I really don't want to take it out)

I had a similar idea to this, but using 3 crimson invasion Gengar and only 1 Creep Show Gengar. was going to try and get as many of crimson invasion Gengar out so i could punish my opponent from playing energy from their hand, with the creep show one being a back up card.
cards that let you play multiple energy from the hand per turn, such as Gardevoir's secret spring ability, will let gengar add damage for each individual energy attachment the opponent will make. if 2 crimson invasion gengar are in play and the opponent plays 1 energy card from their hand. that pokemon takes 4 damage counters. if that player plays 2 energy cards from their hand with an effect like secret spring, then they take 4 damage counters for each energy, for a total of 8 damage counters. if we add 3 gengar into the calculation... which is kinda pushing it here, 1 energy card would equal 6 damage counters. secret spring would make it 12 damage counters.
also my partners where going to be Necrozma gx and Tapu koko flying flip.
and rare candy is a must in any stage 2 deck. a 4-3-4 line with about 3 rare candy should be a bare minimum in most cases. if your stuck for spaces, then it might be fine to take it down to a 4-2-4 line. you can use any Vika-bulu list as a good example.

I personally like Koko better. How often are you ready to Break Through your first attack and then Creep Show your 2nd? Or are you that scared about Koko being OHKO (which does happen vs Gollisiopod) Otherwise as long as you get 2 Flying Flips; their entire board (unless they dropped in another fresh mon) is damaged enough for Creep KOs. Additionally the free retreat of Koko means you can toggle between a Flip & Creep Show without needing a Float Stone (adding more space in the deck)

I'm not sure a single CRI Gengar is needed- yeah he adds damage, but does it matter if you KO someone with 50 or 70 damage with Creep Show? Maybe he damages back someone who you havent flipped, but the 2 by itself isnt enough.

I'm also not a fan of Espeon-EX, why devolve a someone for 1 Prize, when you can Creep them for 2, I'd be digging harder to get that Gengar going. Additionally, if we are going to tech in someone; maybe Mr. Mime to prevent that bench damage or a Koko Spread back on you.

I think Wishful Baton out classes Exp Share, as just one of those conserves both energies; which has be able to chain KO Creep Show.

And my final recommendation is 2 Max Elix, and 9 Energies... as yes you'll get them less- but you'll hit them more frequently. How often do you really hit that 3rd Max Elix- and even if you do...at that stage of the game- do you have a Gastly to put it onto?

Changes made to list based on recent discussion:
-2 Float Stone
-2 Exp. Share
-1 Latios SLG
-1 Gengar CRI
-1 Max Elixir

+3 Rare Candy
+2 Tapu Koko PR
+1 Gengar BKT
+1 Psychic Energy
Personally I would prefer a split of Koko and Latios rather than just Koko as it allows you to have multiple options as well as the free retreat benefit of Koko. I added in a fourth Gengar BKT as replacement for Gengar CRI at the moment but this space could be better used. I opted against both Exp. Share and Wishful Baton as it gives me space to put Rare Candies in. Finally, I did indeed go for 9 energy and 2 Elixirs. I have tested the version with 3 Gengar CRI and have found that it is less consistent than this version-but if DKQuagmire wants to post his list, he is obliged to if he feels necessary.
All of these changes are now shown on my original list.

Last edited:
Pokemon: 17
4-3-4 Gengar (1 Haunter from CRI, 2 from BKT)
3 Latios
2 Tapu Lele
1 Espeon EX

Trainer: 31
4 N
4 Guzma
3 Professor Sycamore
1 Brigette

4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Wish Baton
2 Evosoda
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Po Town

Energy: 11
7 Psychic Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
----------------------------------------

My take on this deck, which I've been running online with a surprising degree of success.

Extreme focus on getting Gengar out ASAP. No Koko, Latios does the job in spades already and hard retreats are never a problem (Guzma is also essential, frequently the game-winning play). No Elixir, Garbodor doesn't need any more help and a T3 Creep Show is perfectly fine, in tune with the deck's pacing. Evosoda and Wish Baton are deal-breakers to rush and maintain flow. Espeon EX for when Gengar is singled out and Latios sneaks some extra hits in.

Bad match-ups against VikaBulu and Turbo Dark, maybe Greninja. Other than that, on par with everything meta right now.

Giratina, Mimikyu and Mr. Mime work as niche picks if Espeon EX is not desirable.

Last edited:
Personally, the issue I have with Wishful Baton is that it only works on the principle that you are always going to be attacking with one Pokemon until it is KOd, which I normally find doesn't happen. It also doesn't work with DCE, so overall I don't think it's worth 3 spots.

I suggest switching some psychic energy with counter energy since you can attack with gengar/latios for just 1 counter energy if you are behind on prizes. If you are not behind on prizes they can still serve as the [c] in the creep show attack.

Personally, the issue I have with Wishful Baton is that it only works on the principle that you are always going to be attacking with one Pokemon until it is KOd, which I normally find doesn't happen. It also doesn't work with DCE, so overall I don't think it's worth 3 spots.

Actually, the correct principle is: you're always going to attack once with a 130hp Pokémon (and only in that moment you attach WB to it), get knocked out and streamline a second 130hp Pokémon, which will knockout the revenge-killer.

IMO, it's worth 3 spots due to its' game-winning capabilities here, considering you're using its effect probably once, luckily twice, which is enough. But it suits my playstyle, I can see why someone would pass on it.

I suggest switching some psychic energy with counter energy since you can attack with gengar/latios for just 1 counter energy if you are behind on prizes. If you are not behind on prizes they can still serve as the [c] in the creep show attack.

Considering that you're trading prizes, you should rarely be in a losing position regarding prizes, but that's actually a nice option.

I've played with Counter Energy before, and it's clunky as hell. Trust me. Basically it just serves as a blank card in those games when you take a couple of Prizes early and then trade evenly. It also doesn't work with Max Elixir.
Also, I will try to fit Wishful Baton in. Possible cards to cut:4th Gengar BKT, Super Rod.

Right, OK, I've tested and Evosoda is actually way better than Timer Ball as it gets round Po Town. Here are the changes I made to the list:
-2 Timer Ball
-1 Gengar BKT

+2 Evosoda
+1 Guzma

-1 Latios (you run Koko, 4 Creep enablers is more than enough)
-1 Oranguru (you have enough draw power and no Float Stone to prevent Guzma-stall)
-1 Super Rod (Rescue Stretcher outdoes Super Rod in this deck and you don't really need to recover energy)

+1 Gengar (the star, run 4)
+1 Evosoda (speed that thing up, dribble Po Town harder)
+1 Po Town (Creep enabler, extremely important) OR +1 Guzma (game-finisher) OR +1 Delinquent (tech for Po recycling or against Big Basics)

Alternatively, instead of Evosoda and the third option, you can fit in 2 Wishful Baton unless you really dislike the item.

Back