Gengar Announced as Next Pokken Fighter [4/25]

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I like to see Gengar's look with some swirls in its design (unlike Lucario being all fur) and I like to see it battling but the game as a whole...meh! I hope they're using it as a test to make a full 3D game with some kind of open world, even if it takes some time.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I wonder if they will show Mega Gengar's tiny legs. That would be funny. I think that they did a good job with it's design.
I hope they will make sure every Pokemon type eventually will have a representative in this game.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Mr.Muffin said:
I'm just sitting knowing my chances of playing this is low.

The smart thing to do would be to get hyped about the Wii-U in front as much people as possible 3 weeks before your birthday.
Wait is it going to be in Wii-U? From some reason I thought it is but I can't find anything that confirms what console will run this game.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
scattered mind said:
Mr.Muffin said:
I'm just sitting knowing my chances of playing this is low.

The smart thing to do would be to get hyped about the Wii-U in front as much people as possible 3 weeks before your birthday.
Wait is it going to be in Wii-U? From some reason I thought it is but I can't find anything that confirms what console will run this game.

As far as I know, it's only being released in Japanese arcades

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
People are thinking there will likely be a WiiU release because "arcades first, home consoles later" is the typical distribution method for Tekken games.

Skulblaka_Shur'tugal

Zippy Says Hi!
Nope, no confirmations about a Wii U release. Which bugs me; people are acting like it's 100% going to happen. No, it's not 100% going to happen. MIGHT it happen? Maybe. But it's not been confirmed - not even been MENTIONED yet.

Celever

Wheeeee~
This wouldn't be the first time a major franchise is restricted to the Japanese arcades either. Most people in the west don't even know about the Mario Kart arcade machines, since they were never ported. I'm hugely HUGELY hoping for it to be released on the Wii U as it would be an instant buy for me, but I'm not ruling out the decent chance of it not making it here.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Celever said:
Most people in the west don't even know about the Mario Kart arcade machines, since they were never ported.

Actually, all 3 Mario Kart Arcade GP games were indeed released internationally. There are a bunch of those machines (I think second gen.) at a couple different large arcades by where I used to live in the States. The problem is more that arcades in the west are a dying breed whereas arcades in Japan are still hugely popular.