• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Genesect EX/Solgaleo GX/Bronzong

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
What's going on PokeBeach!?

This is the first list I have posted in a few weeks (The last one was overrun by a wave of new Guardians Rising Decks), and this one is a bit more relevant to me.

This deck is a deck I physically built recently, due to the fact that my other two decks (Yveltal/Garbodor and Espeon/Umbreon/Legends of Alola) weren't doing as good. I wanted to build something that was tried before, but had a bit of a modern touch to it, and with a little bit of my on flair mixed in. So, without further ado, here is my list:

3x Genesect EX
2x Solgaleo GX
2x Cosmoem
2x Cosmog
3x Bronzong
3x Bronzor
1x Jirachi
1x Jirachi EX

3x Reverse Valley

2x Sycamore
2x Lillie
1x N
1x Skyla
1x AZ
1x Pokemon Ranger
1x Karen
1x Lysandre
1x Xerosic

3x Ultra Ball
3x Timer Ball
4x Level Ball
3x Max Elixir
1x Professor's Letter
3x Rare Candy
3x Vs Seeker
1x Dowsing Machine

8x Metal Energy

And there you have it. I have played this deck at a few local leagues, as well as against my younger brother, and have had great success with it. I suppose I'll go into a little bit of detail as to how the deck works.

The deck is based mainly around the short-lived Genesect EX/Bronzong strategy that came into being during the release of Fates Collide. Unfortunately, due to rotation, this strategy really didn't see much play, even in expanded. I have taken the basic strategy and altered it a fair bit to allow for faster setup and quicker damage.

Genesect EX is the main attacker in the deck, with the Rapid Blaster attack doing 100 damage plus 20 more damage for each Metal Energy you discard. Using just 3, I am doing about 160 damage. Using Solgaleo GX, I am able to quickly power up Solgaleo and a Genesect (Or 2 Genesect if I honestly want to). Solgaleo is also used as the main switching force via Ultra Road, and as a heavy-hitting backup attacker, with Sunsteel Strike hitting for 230.

Bronzong forms the driving force for the deck by allowing me to attach a Metal Energy from my discard to one of my benched Pokemon. This works very nicely with Solgaleo and Genesect, as I can attack with one, power up the other on my bench, then switch them out. I have found that so long as I have at least 2 Bronzong in play, I can get things up and running fairly quickly, though I have been able to survive by using only one.

The Jirachi (not the EX) is used mainly to help fend off decks that rely on Special Energy while I get things online.

The main draw engine for the deck lies in Jirachi EX and Lillie. By getting out a Jirachi first turn, and using it's ability to grab a Lillie from my deck, and maximize the amount I can draw on my first turn. And, since it is easily searchable through Level ball, I prefer this in the deck over Tapu Lele (That, and I do not have a Tapu Lele at the moment... XD). Using Level Ball, I can also get the Bronzong out easier, same with a Cosmog to get a Solgaleo out fairly quickly.

After that, the rest of the deck is fairly standard, so it really needs little explanation. I do have a few things I would like to add where possible, as they would greatly help with the overall consistency of the deck:

Here are the changes I would very much like to make:
-3x Reverse Valley
-1x Jirachi
-1x Professor's Letter
-1x Pokemon Ranger

+3x Altar of the Sunne
+3x Choice Band

I would very much like to add the Altar of the Sunne due to the fact that this deck kind of gets destroyed by Volcanion (unless I'm playing against my younger brother, in which case my deck absolutely destroys it).

The Choice Band is kind of a necessity for me, as the Genesect needs at least 4 Energy to discard in order to hit the 180 HP of most EX's. Choice Band would allow me to forego the Extra Energy and hit a bit above that magic number.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for the time being. I would very much like suggestions on how I can greatly improve my deck, especially in ways to make it a bit more viable. I would love to take this deck to a League Challenge, or maybe even Regionals if I'm lucky. With that, I have a few things I must ask when it comes to advice:
-Please do not suggest buying uber expensive cards (e.x. Shaymin, Tapu Lele, etc.). I do not currently have a job, and my budget is rather limited at the moment.
-Please don't come in and say "Your deck is terrible! You should be playing X, Y, or Z instead!' Please keep your criticisms constructive. I want feedback that will help me, not random comments.
-If you are going to ignore the above 2 requests, please at least heed this one. When giving advice, pleaase give me some reasoning behind it! I wan to know where these ideas are coming from, why they are applicable, and how they would help. I am trying to grow this deck into something better.

Alright, at this point, you have probably had enough of me for one day.

Thanks,
-AV

BuffaloBillius

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing a deck similar to this, except I've been using Scizor Ex instead of Genesect Ex. I would recommend trying to fit in a single Bronzong Break and Aegislash Ex. Bronzong Break lets your Bronzong actually do some damage, if you end up with it as your active, and it's great to hit your opponent's weakened pokemon that are sitting on the bench. Aegislash Ex is nice if you're facing a deck that uses any special energy, since they can't touch it.

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
I've been playing a deck similar to this, except I've been using Scizor Ex instead of Genesect Ex. I would recommend trying to fit in a single Bronzong Break and Aegislash Ex. Bronzong Break lets your Bronzong actually do some damage, if you end up with it as your active, and it's great to hit your opponent's weakened pokemon that are sitting on the bench. Aegislash Ex is nice if you're facing a deck that uses any special energy, since they can't touch it.

Thanks! I might actually add a Bronzong BREAK or two, just because they're less than a buck each. Having looked into building this, I would like to add the Aegislash, but I don't know what I would end up taking out. I have done a bit of research, and I have found that playing one Bridgette in the deck would help a lot, especially considering that it is kind of tedious to search for a bunch of stuff with Level Balls and is easily searchable via Jirachi EX. I might also consider dropping the Timer Ball due to the fact that there is a 75% chance of getting at least one Pokemon, but it tends to be rather inconsistent. So, at this point, I think this is where my deck stands:

-3x Reverse Valley
-1x Jirachi
-3x Timer Ball
-1 Professor's Letter

+3x Altar of the Sunne
+3x Choice Band
+1 Aegislash EX
+1 Bronzong BREAK

I am rather proud to say that I have had more success with this deck than any other deck I have played in the past. I am looking forward to the release of Burning Shadows so that I can create a deck similar to this one with Necrozma GX and Metagross GX.