TCG Fakes Generation Alpha (Image Based + Custom Blanks)

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone.

I've messing around with image-based fakes for a while, so I decided to dedicate a whole thread to it. I thought it'd be cool to make full sets with my own custom blanks. That way, it'd be like my own generation of Pokémon cards.

Each of my sets will be listed in order below:

1. Xenoverse

If you guys have any feedback or suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Hey everyone.

I've messing around with image-based fakes for a while, so I decided to dedicate a whole thread to it. I thought it'd be cool to make full sets with my own custom blanks. That way, it'd be like my own generation of Pokémon cards.

Each of my sets is listed below:

Journey back to the Kanto region, the place where it all began. Experience classic Pokémon from the first generationincluding Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise like you've never seen them before. You'll even encounter the mysterious Pokémon ➕, which are far stronger than their counterparts.

For my first set, I decided to start with none other than the Kanto region. Being where the games began, I think it's the perfect theme to begin my card-making journey. I'm also introducing a new mechanic, Pokémon ➕, which is basically this generation's version of Lv. X or BREAK. I'll probably add new mechanics in the future to spice things up a little.

If you guys have any feedback or suggestions, let me know. Thanks!
Hey, not bad! I really like these custom blanks — it's definitely a unique take to put the evo box between the name and the HP, and I like that it leaves more of the art exposed.

It's interesting how you've chosen to make Pokémon+ essentially LV.Xs that you can play more copies of. I question the move to raise HP by so much in contrast to the attack, though — and it still only gives up one Prize on a Knock Out, right?

They're definitely great aesthetics-wise, though. I look forward to seeing more! :D

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, not bad! I really like these custom blanks — it's definitely a unique take to put the evo box between the name and the HP, and I like that it leaves more of the art exposed.

It's interesting how you've chosen to make Pokémon+ essentially LV.Xs that you can play more copies of. I question the move to raise HP by so much in contrast to the attack, though — and it still only gives up one Prize on a Knock Out, right?

They're definitely great aesthetics-wise, though. I look forward to seeing more! :D

Hey, thanks for the support! Now that you mention it, the HP for Pokémon+ does seem a tad bloated. Especially since they do give only 1 prize card, I'll probably bring it down for the sake of balance.

Last edited:

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
10/22 Update

Every Grass type in Kanto Reborn has been completed! You can find them all here. Next up is Fire types, which will include some of Gen 1's most iconic Pokémon.
Here's a sneak peek of what's to come:
de7l7kk-5e7265d0-6c99-4b89-9cf6-ddc41706b00b.png

Last edited:

LightYearLiam

These are very cool. I like how evolving Stage 1s are a bit more useful than they usually are on official cards. I also like bringing back a LV. X-like concept. I would love for the real TCG to be more like this.

All-Stars_Creator

Aspiring Trainer
Wow. I'm only just now learning about this forum. I have been making my own sets for 10+ years now, and I have to say, some of my ideas are very similar to the ones here. (The HP values, the '+' Mechanic, even the swarming attack for Bug Pokémon) This is to say... I really love these cards! I also really enjoy the card lay-out you seem to have made from scratch.

My one feedback would be, to lower the HP for the +'s like others have said. (My similar mechanic in my sets follow a +20 HP rule) And to maybe have Pokémon + count as the same name as their pre-evolutions. This is to 1) Set them apart from regular evolutions. 2) Make them harder to get into play. 3) Prevent you from just running a single evolution line as basically all your Pokémon in a deck. 4) This is more personal, but I like the choice of going 3-1, or 2-2, (or sometimes even 1-3 ?) Lines. It makes it more tactical in my opinion. In general I like draft formats where you tend to have less of the higher evolved cards available to you.

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone, I'm back! After careful consideration, I decided to scrap the old Kanto Set and create something a lot more interesting. So, without further ado, here is the Pokemon TCG: Xenoverse expansion!
xenoverselogo.png

"It's time to begin your journey in the region of Eldiw! Along with many familiar faces, you'll also encounter a variety of never-before-seen Pokémon—from the starters Shyleon, Trishout, and Shulong, to the legendary Light Being Luxflon. But that's not all! You'll also be introduced to the powerful Pokémon BY—a new form which boosts a Pokemon's strength beyond its limits! What path will you choose, and which of the new Pokémon will you make your own in the Pokémon TCG: Xenoverse expansion!"

As you may have guessed this set is based on Pokemon Xenoverse, one of the best fangames I ever got the chance to play. It features both old and new Pokemon, as well as the original Sound type. Here are just a few of the cards:

9-Shyleon.png20-Trishout.png36-Shulong.png49-Harrowk.png130-Bandeon.png171-Trey.png

Last edited:

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
8/7 Update

This time, we have a formal introduction to Xenoverse's main gimmick, Pokemon BY. These powerful cards combine the evolution mechanics of BREAK and the power level of Pokemon-GX. While they may take some time to set up, their overwhelming strength more than makes up for it.

So without further ado, here is Scaleon BY and Bandeon BY!

116-Scaleon BY.png131-Bandeon BY.png

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
These powerful cards combine the evolution mechanics of BREAK and the power level of Pokemon-GX. While they may take some time to set up, their overwhelming strength more than makes up for it.
Just to clarify, these cards are STILL balanced for SWSH like the rest of the set and DO NOT know the attacks of the card’s previous evolutionary stage.

And in case anyone is interested in knowing, Fairy type Pokémon in this set are weak to sound types, creating a Fairy > Dragon > Sound type circle. Better than having Dragon be weak to Fairy but not being strong against anything (which is weird), but more balanced (probably) than Dragon types having no weaknesses (although I still kind of like that idea, since I feel like Dragon types should essentially be a “better” Colorless type with a handicap of two types of basic Energy per attack set, which makes a lack of weaknesses seem like a logical step, to me at least, although in hindsight a lack of weaknesses is probably too much when Dragon types are already stronger than other Pokémon).

Last edited:

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
Just to clarify, these cards are STILL balanced for SWSH like the rest of the set and DO NOT know the attacks of the card’s previous evolutionary stage.
That's right. I was referring to how they have a unique evolution stage like BREAKs.

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
This week's post features the legendary Pokémon Luxflon, as well as its powerful BY form. The latter is a particularly strong card whose Radiance Ability allows you to search and attach to your Benched Pokémon BY. This combined with its Astral Lance attack make Luxflon BY a very versatile card which may find a home in many decks.

Enjoy!
97-Luxflon.png98-Luxflon BY.png

Last edited:

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
This week features a three-stage evolution line of bugs. Beefle is your typical evolving basic, nothing too special. Punchbug is more interesting thanks to its Training Dummy Ability, which allows it to serve as a much needed Fighting ramp. This effect also synergizes well with its evolution, Hercurcules, which can hit for massive damage assuming plenty of damage counters on it.

73-Beefle.png74-Punchbug.png75-Hercurcules.png

Last edited:

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
Update time!

I've decided to make some alterations to the blank. These changes include but are not limited to: making the image box bigger, increasing the dex info font size, moving the weakness/retreat cost, and adding a bevel around the card's border. I'll be going back and changing the other cards to fit this new style as time goes on. Until then, most of the stuff on Google Drive will have the old layout.

Here's some cards featuring the new additions:

60-Hangead.png170-Team Dimension Grunt.png

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
Introducing 5 new cards to the Xenoverse expansion (though Leftovers and Multi Energy are technically reprints of existing cards). Also, I've also updated the Google Drive so that every card there has the new layout. I haven't gotten around to revamping every single card I made, but once they're done, I'll add them to the Drive too.

60-Whisteract.png81-Crobat.png127-Tokakle.png155-Leftovers.png174-Multi Energy.png