Generation 5 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazando101

Where all other dragons fail...
I have been studying a the Generation 5 metagame from a distance, and have constructed a team that I think can do some good damage. Unfortunately, I can not install Pokemon Online, which, from what I have heard, is the only online battling center that can battle with Generation 5 pokemon, so if I have some flawed ideas, blame it on my inexperience with a few of these pokemon.

Gengar@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252Sp.Att./252Spe./4HP
Moves:
-Toxic
-Evil Eye
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

This is my signature Gengar set from the 4th Generation, only having Shadow Ball replaced with Evil Eye. This is mostly the standard set, except having HP Fire being replaced with Toxic. Evil Eye is pretty self-explanitory, with Toxic to boost it to 100 BP. Then Focus Blast provides unlimited coverage, and Thunderbolt takes out bulky waters and the newly powerful flying types. It also has a chance for a paralysis hax, which works well with Evil Eye.

Zuruzukin@ Lum Berry
Ability: Overconfidence
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252Att./252Def./4HP
Moves:
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Bulk Up
-Rest

This is my Zuruzukin set, mainly used as a bulky attacker, and it works very well with Gengar, blocking most weaknesses. Drain Punch makes up for a lack of Leftovers, and has a boosted BP, risen to 75. Then Crunch is another STAB that has a chance of a defense-dropping hax and a competed coverage. Bulk Up is for raised Attack and Defense, and Rest recovers HP and wakes Zuruzukin up immediately due to Lum Berry. Overconfidence boosts attack every time Zuruzukin wins, but Shed Skin also works, giving Zuruzukin a chance of waking up after rest, allowing you to replace Lum Berry with Leftovers.

Shibirudon@ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
Nature:
EVs: 252Att./252Def./4Spe.
Moves:
-Wild Bolt
-Coil
-Grass Knot
-Rest

Shibirudon looks like the next big letdown, due to no weaknesses, but it has so much better HP than Spiritomb, and better defenses than Sableye, and a different purpose, attacking. First, Wild Bolt has great power, and STAB, and only has a little bit of recoil. Then Coil boosts Shibirudon's great attack, decent defense, and accuracy, and all around makes it much better. Grass Knot covers the likes of Hippowdon, Tyranitar, and Swampert, and ChestoRest provides instant recovery. This is the main powerhouse of the team.

Ludilico@ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252Sp.Def./188HP/68Sp.Att.
Moves:
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance
-Boiling Water
-Giga Drain

Ludilico was already bulky, but it was at a loss for good water-type move outside from Surf, which was always expected. Now Boiling Water has come along, Ludilico is almost unstoppable in the rain. Leech Seed and Rain Dance. Leech Seed helps wear down the opponent. Rain Dance helps restore HP, so Ludilico is recovering 1/4 of its HP every turn. Then Boiling Water reaches 180 BP in the rain, with a burn also. Then Giga Drain also has a power boost, recovering even more HP each turn.

Porygon-2@ Pre-Evolution Stone
Ability: Analyze
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252Sp.Att./252SP.Def./4Def.
Moves:
-Recover
-Tri-Attack
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Porygon-2 is a very interesting pokemon that a lot of things aren't ready for. Pre-Evolution Stone boosts Porygon-2's defenses to a pretty decent level, and then Recover makes it great for walling. Tri-Attack is a great STAB with a hax chance, and thunderbolt and Ice Beam for coverage. All of the moves can be boosted by Analyze, due to its horrible speed.

Rhyperior@ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252Att./252Def./4HP
Moves:
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Substitute

When I first saw Rhyperior, as an ignorant trainer on Pearl, I said 'AWESOME'. Since then, my views have changed greatly, mostly about Torterra being a wall, but I still think mostly the same about Rhyperior. Stone Edge and Earthquake are two powerful STABs with 150 base power after STAB, paired with Rhyperior's base 140 attack. Curse raises the two stats that I care about, Attack and Defense, and lowers my speed. Then Substitute keeps out Special Attackers and is helped by Leftovers.

So that's my team. If anybody would be kind enough to build this on their Pokemon Online account and test it out I would be very grateful. Please comment and rate my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.