Strategy General SM Metagame Discussion

Professor Palutena

The Queen
While discussion threads on the individual Pokemon are no doubt useful, sometimes we need a place to discuss new strategies we're trying as well as any new meta trends. This thread is a general discussion thread for basically anything that doesn't fit in any of the other threads. Talk about your teams, stuff you're seeing on the ladder, and really anything else here. If you've got questions, post them here!

As a disclaimer, this thread is geared towards the OU meta.

I really want to get into the new metagame. I just don't really know where to start from :p

I guess looking for sets and battling online is the way to go, but I would appreciate if anyone has some kind of a list of common threats I should look for in OU Pokebank.

I guess looking for sets and battling online is the way to go, but I would appreciate if anyone has some kind of a list of common threats I should look for in OU Pokebank.
This list is by no means comprehensive, but going off of what I've seen on the ladder:
- Magearna
- Pheromosa
- Greninja
- Hoopa-U
- Landorus-I
- Genesect
- Tapu Lele
- Jirachi
- Manaphy
- Landorus-T
- Zygarde
- Tapu Bulu
- Celesteela
- Ferrothorn
- Pelipper
- Mamoswine
- Porygon-Z
- Heatran
- Skarmory
- Tapu Fini
- Tapu Koko
- Excadrill
- Tyranitar
- Lati@s
- Garchomp
- Marowak-A
- Ninetales-A
- Silvally
- Necrozma
- Kartana
- Toxapex
- Buzzwole
- Muk-A
- Xurkitree
- Scizor-M
- Metagross-M
- Alakazam-M
- Zygarde 10%
- Charzard-M X
- Mimikyu
- Clefable
- Gyarados-M
- Mantine
- Azumarill
- Dugtrio
- Venusaur-M

Pheromosa.

Click X.
It's honestly not that bad.

Put some form of priority on your team. Pheromosa dies to Mach Punch :p OU has a lot of solid priority users like Dragonite (Extremespeed), Greninja-Ash (Water Shuriken), Zygarde 10% (Extremespeed), Mamoswine (Ice Shard), Mega Pinsir (Quick Attack), Scizor (Bullet Punch) and Mimikyu (Shadow Sneak). Of course, this doesn't work with Tapu Lele + Pheromosa cores, but that's because Tapu Lele is legit broken.

You also get pretty decent checks with Pelipper, Mimikyu, Mantine, Mega Venusaur, Tapu Fini, Buzzwole, Marowak-A and Toxapex.

As a bit of of a bump here, I'd like to announce that I'll be starting a VG Skype chat up. I've had a few people ask me for something like this, so I'll be starting it up today.

To join, just PM me your Skype name and I'll add you to our chat! =)

Surprised it's not Hoopa-U first but whatever.

Bye Genesect! I doubt it'll survive the test, since it's honestly the best it's ever been.

Hoopa-U is really that strong with all these new Fairy toys? Haven't got the chance to face it so far.

MEGA STONES ARE COMING!

Pokemon has announced that the missing mega stones will be distributed through online events as entry prizes. Beginning in February, you can receive a Beedrillite and a Mawilite from these online events, and the rest will be given out in other events throughout the year.

Back