[Gen V OU] I don't even know what play style this is.

• Thread starter Black ★ Rock Shooter
  • Start date
B

Black ★ Rock Shooter

This has been one of my most successful teams. It got me within the top 20 of the ladder before people started spamming inconsistant...

The team focuses on wearing the opponent down with entry hazards, mainly by forcing switches.

478.gif

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes
- Taunt
---
Froslass is my lead and anti spin. Depending on what the lead is, I either set up spikes or switch to the appropriate counter/check.

186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Ice Beam
---
My special sponge, so to say. The amount of punishment this thing can take from the special side of the spectrum is insane. He also sets up weather for me, lessening the power of fire attacks enough for Nattorei and Lucario to actually take one. Encore stops stat uppers (Mainly Ulgamoth) and Boil Over is for STAB/ helps cripple physical threats like Shell Smash Cloyster and rival Kabutops, which this team otherwise can struggle with.

141.gif

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall/Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
---
Mainly my rapid spinner. Forry used to be here but even with rain I didn't want three pokes weak to fire. Kabutops also helps with my pseudo Ulgamoth weak, and also is a valid check to Doryuuzu and Landlos with Aqua Jet. He is also another nice fire resist.

598.gif

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
---
Who doesn't love Nattorei? Sets up rocks, leeches health, and can even cause some damage! I use him mainly to take Draco Meteors from Lati@s and Sazandora, well actually dragon type moves in general. Also walls Voltolos in general (who is another threat), along with rival Rain Dance teams.

448.gif

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch
---
I mainly use Lucario for revenge killing faster weakened threats like Scarf Terakion and Sazandora/Garchomp. Thats about it.

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Roost
---
Checks Roobushin, can easily switch in on Mach Punches and OHKO with Hurricane. Thunder is for Burungeru mainly and Draco Meteor is obvious STAB.

Well thats the team, have at it.

It causes the Pokemon to lose a percent of its HP on contact. It's basically the same as Rough Skin.

Back