Question GEN 1 starters in Sun/Moon?

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Okay. I got my twins Sun and Moon for Christmas. I haven't played Pokémon in years. In fact, the last Pokémon game I played was Crystal. Yeah, it's been a while. I haven't owned a game system since GameBoy Color and the SNES. Before getting the 2DSs for the twins. I was under the impression that a link cable would still apply and I could use my GBC to get him one. This is not the case. Frowny biscuit.

My sons favorite Pokémon is Bulbasaur, and I have been trying to find a way to acquire one for him. I was under the impression that you could get one in the game.

Initially, I researched Island Scanning, but that gets you the GEN 2 starters. Close.

So I ask this: is there a way to get a Bulbasaur in the game? Or is it something I would have to find someone and fanagle a trade?

It is not possible to get the Generation 1 starters in the games, at this current time. However, once Pokémon Bank gets updated sometime during this month, you'll be able to transfer any Pokémon from your Pokémon X, Y, OmegaRuby, AlphaSapphire, Red, Blue or Yellow into your game, including Bulbasaur.
So, no Bulbasaur is not in the games, however it will be available to transfer it into the games, via Pokémon Bank soon! :)

And before you start searching for X/Y games to buy... I would add that once Bank gets updated and old Pokémon can be transfered from those games, it means other people will transfer them, including Bulbasaurs, over to their Sun/Moon, and surely plenty of people will put them onto the GTS for trades. Meaning you will be able to get a Bulbasaur from others online (GTS or trading with someone on these forums or whatever), you don't necessarily need an X/Y-game yourself.

Back