BW/BW2 Gear a ROBOT POKEMON?

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
RE: Gear a MECHANICAL POKEMON?

It most definitely is a "mechanical" Pokemon, but I wouldn't go so far as to say its a ROBOT o_O
On the other hand, why exactly is Gear only a steel type? One would think it would be steel/electric because gears in a factory generate electricity, and keep it flowing.

swimfastray

This right here is my Pretty Boy Swag

How bout using the term "Manufactured Pokemon" instead of "Mechanical Pokemon". I think it would be less confusing, for the sake of Pokebeach Bum.

imsocool4321

Dawn - Wutta Stunna! :P

swimfastray said:
How bout using the term "Manufactured Pokemon" instead of "Mechanical Pokemon". I think it would be less confusing, for the sake of Pokebeach Bum.

ya I think manufactured pokemon sounds better, anyways its a really cool theory, from my understand you guys are saying this pokemon is made? kinda like mewtwo am I right? if so thats cool

runeon12

ExPlOsIoN
Thanks for giving me credit! Anyways, I do believe Gear is a created Pokemon because, like SinnohTrainer17 said, it is only steel type, and not Electric. But the main reason that I think it is manufactured is because with a closer inspection of the Pokemon, it reveals only three solid colors and a minimum amount of parts. The nose doesn't seem to be a nose, but where the screw thingy goes through a gear. Also, Gear only has one eye, the other eye is an "X" and seems to be a missing part. Gear is also seperated, and it seems that two were just partnered together. Anyways, that's my theory for Gear being a manufactured Pokemon, guys!

kangaskhan

~
yeah but saying gear is manufactured is just like saying magnemite is manufactured because its made up of bolts and magnets
its not really a strong theory

Agent Clank

Master Trainer
FunkyMunky said:
Do you think Gear is a mechanical Pokemon?
Do you think there could be other robot pokemon?
I think that Gear is just a mechanical Pokemon like Magneton and other robot like Pokemon.
I wouldn't go as far to say that its a robot though.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
Porygon is made up of 100% programming code. If GF would go as far as that, (which is quite awesome, BTW) I don't see why Gear couldn't be manufactured.

PokeBeach Bum

Straight Shooter
swimfastray said:

Offtopic: I frown upon this.

Ontopic: There's a good chance gear was made, he wouldn't be the first.

FunkyMunky

above the Ambi-influence
i dont mean any old mechanical type pokemon im talkin about about an atcual manufactored robot that team plasma uses because they dont wanna be hypocrites!

omzebra

Reshiram Master!!!!! >:D
That would solve the confusin going around. People are saying "They [as in Team Plasma] are hypocrites for using pokemon to free pokemon." So maybe they are using Gear who they created??? In a similar manner to team galctic using poison-esque pokemon only.

SinnohTrainer17

omzebra said:
That would solve the confusin going around. People are saying "They [as in Team Plasma] are hypocrites for using pokemon to free pokemon." So maybe they are using Gear who they created??? In a similar manner to team galctic using poison-esque pokemon only.

You have a valid point here O_O
Maybe they aren't hypocrites, because they made their own fake Pokemon! Which would confuse me because we've seen the trainer use it in battle o_O

SQUIRTLETamer08

Rain Dance
Gear the equivalent of Castform and Porygon? I am down with that. However I don't see Plasma having the smarts to do such a thing.

There were earlier rumors of Team Plasma making clones, so maybe Gear was the beta for their master design? Hmm.... probably putting too much into this. After all that same rumor mentioned mini-mewtwo's....

SinnohTrainer17

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
Gear the equivalent of Castform and Porygon? I am down with that. However I don't see Plasma having the smarts to do such a thing.

There were earlier rumors of Team Plasma making clones, so maybe Gear was the beta for their master design? Hmm.... probably putting too much into this. After all that same rumor mentioned mini-mewtwo's...

Hmm. I would really like this if it were the motive of Team Plasma. With the last few games its been all 'WERE GONNA MASSIVELY DISTORT THE WORLD, LIKELY CAUSING OUR DEATH' with the bad teams. I think it's time to switch up the plot a bit >_>

swimfastray

Maybe the "King" has a Mewtwo

and everyone battles with Porygon, Gear, Magnemite, Beldum and other mechinesque pokemon. . . ?

runeon12

ExPlOsIoN
swimfastray said:
Maybe the "King" has a Mewtwo

and everyone battles with Porygon, Gear, Magnemite, Beldum and other mechinesque pokemon. . . ?

It was confirmed that there would be no returning Pokemon in the Isshu Dex. Sorry, but your theory wouldn't work, unless there is a highly unlikely chance that you fight Team Plasma AFTER you complete the main story.

swimfastray

I keep forgetting that. This makes it so hard to predict their pokemon!

But I'm sorta thinking just because old pokemon don't appear in the wild they could still be used by trainers? I think it's a(n unlikely) possibility

runeon12

ExPlOsIoN
swimfastray said:
I keep forgetting that. This makes it so hard to predict their pokemon!

But I'm sorta thinking just because old pokemon don't appear in the wild they could still be used by trainers? I think it's a(n unlikely) possibility

It's possible, because Mixing Records in Emerald BEFORE you got the National Dex would only let you see the Pokemon you battles out of the Dex AFTER you get the Dex, so it is a possibility.